• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT] What kind of dog do you have?

We have a Bichon Frise at our place. They're quite good dogs - like poodles, they don't shed, so they don't leave hair everywhere and promote allergy attacks. They're also quite well dispositioned, and good lap dogs and play dogs. Not working dogs, though.

Ours, by the way, is some sort of nuclear mutant Bichon - his legs are about twice as long as the breed normal, and his weight is over the maximum normal size - but he's not fat. He's just a freak.

jdavis

First Post
machine said:
No dogs here.

I'd love to have a dog or two, just don't have the ability to care for them properly (small house, no yard to speak of).

I do have 3 cats. :)

My Pomeranians rarely go outside, they have no want or need to unless it's going to the car to go someplace (they love petsmart). Many of your smaller dogs don't need to go outside that often and many don't even want to. Even our big dog only goes out to use the bathroom (he's too big to get away with using papers), he hates going outside if it is the slightest bit wet or cold and he's a lab mix. Many big dogs need room to run, but most of your smaller types have more than enough room in a apartment.

Outergod

First Post
Great Pyrenees!!

They're big, friendly, loving dogs. Keep in mind that they do eat quite a bit (6 cups per day...or about 1.5 50-pound bags per month). And, of course, you'd need to get 2 so they can entertain each other. I've attached a lovely photo of myself with my kids, Odin and Loki. I'm the one with less fur.

Outergod

Attachments

• odin_wayne_loki.jpg
    odin_wayne_loki.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 70

FDP Mike

First Post
German Shorthaired Pointer!

We got Fudge from the Humane Society back in October, and it's been quite a ride ever since. He just so rocks!

He's a fabulous dog: pretty calm overall at home (we have an apartment, though it's relatively large, I guess); goes all out at the park -- I think only the border collies that also show up are more focussed on chasing their ball; highly trainable and very intelligent; and just, well, a lot of laughs and sweetness. I can't complain at all, especially for my first dog evar.

Still, he does need a lot of exercise. We take him out twice a day, for a good 2 hours in total (about an hour each "walk"), and I think he just lives for those times. I would say that GSPs and Vizslas are about on par in terms of exercise requirements and temperament.

My best friend has an Australian Shepherd, and she's also a fabulous dog -- highy intelligent, very active, quite attached, and just a wonderfully friendly disposition. Like Fudge, though, she needs stuff to do . . . such as herd just about anything (people, other dogs, geese, etc.).

The pug in our dog (owner?) obedience classes was a total hoot. Lots of personality in those little guys.

Alright, I'll stop gushing now . . . . :D

Take care,
Mike

Fudge's first day at home:
fudge - sitting - cropped.jpg

Fudge displaying his "ball focus" technique:
fudge - balldog.jpg

Ycore Rixle

First Post
Another Vote For A Keeshond...

... although I'm not sure how well a Keeshond would do in an apartment.

But I have to agree with the other three posters, Keeshonds are absolutely wonderful. Mine was extraordinarily smart and very kind. If I had the time right now, I'd have another Keeshond.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads