• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT] Which version of 'TLotR: TFotR' should I show my parents this weekend?

Phoenix8008

First Post
I would also reccomend the Extended version based on what a friend of mine told me yesterday. He has never read the books but went to see the theatrical release with me and some others. He said after watching the extended version that he was surprised to find out that Aragorn and Arwen were in love and such. Appearently it wasn't that clear to him in the theatrical version, but after seeing the extended version he got it for sure.

As for myself, I can't wait to see the extended version. Lack of money and a non-working DVD player really sucks! :mad:

I may just have to get the VHS version for 17 bucks to quell my desire for now. :(

Gary N. Mengle

First Post
Phoenix8008 said:
I would also reccomend the Extended version based on what a friend of mine told me yesterday. He has never read the books but went to see the theatrical release with me and some others. He said after watching the extended version that he was surprised to find out that Aragorn and Arwen were in love and such. Appearently it wasn't that clear to him in the theatrical version, but after seeing the extended version he got it for sure.

Your friend must have been in the restroom during the Aragorn/Arwen scene in Rivendell then. Those 32oz sodas will do that. ;)

KnowTheToe

First Post
How did it go? Which version did you show?

I would recommend the extended version, I saw it this weekend, it really fleshes out the story.

Balgus

First Post
Phoenix8008:
As for myself, I can't wait to see the extended version. Lack of money and a non-working DVD player really sucks!
I may just have to get the VHS version for 17 bucks to quell my desire for now.
NOOOOO!!!!!! That really is a waste of money. The DVD is necessary for the best experience ever. And with some players going down to about 100 (or less)- you should really invest in a player. And the DVD is just $25 at walmart.

Spoilers:

i loved the added scenes. The little bits he placed in teh history part of teh ring really made a difference in clarity of the story. Plus the "concernign hobbits" gave you a little insight to those who do not play the game- but i did get a little ticked that it was narrated. Should have just left it as thebegging of the story.

The best part was the scene added from lothlorien. The lament scene was both funny and insightful to all the characters. Sam, in his dimwittedness, but kind heartedness. Gimle in his gruffness- and bluntness.

The best of all tho- was the gift scene. You get a little foreshadow of things to come- and what each character was "destined" to do. The best was the insight into Gimle at this very scene. You see how he loses his hate for elves,a nd how he and Legolas can be friends.

Oh yeah- did you see Legolas get an orgasm when he got the bow? That was so funny- that he was still dreaming about it long after they left the forest...

ahh- i watched it three times in three days...

Remove ads