[OT] World's largest structure

Drakmar

Explorer
Yeah.. we ROCK!!!

I think that is so cool... a renewable source of elec.. and the other cool thing.. is you can use under the glass as a greenhouse.

Kilmore

First Post
Two questions before I go in there...

1.) How hot does it get?

2.) Will the rising warm air suck me up and through that kilometer high turbine chimney?

Dr_Rictus

First Post
"Malaysia's Petronas Towers, the world's tallest buildings" indeed. Phah! They cheated. They stuck a rod on top.

Last edited:

DDK

Banned
Banned
It'll never get off the ground...

Lol, sorry, bad joke.

Seriously, though, I heard about this around a year ago in New Scientist, IIRC. At the time I thought it was an admirable idea but that it was too far-fetched to ever receive support. I mean... 1km high, 7km wide?

I must commend my government (I'm in shock at the moment that they're actually bothering to do something right for a change) for 'piping up' and donating resources towards the goals completion.

But praise should really go to Enviromissions CEO. IIRC, he started EM with the goal of reducing carbon emissions and sought ideas out for the best and most feasible way of doing so with the least impact on the environment. People called him crazy and, to be honest, I thought he was a little nutty myself. But now... I think he's a legend.

AereonBlaze

First Post
Agreed, very cool stuff. It'll look pretty darn amazing when (if?) its done. Not to mention, this is indeed quite snatchable for a d20 modern/spycraft campaign. :D

Jeph

Explorer
Kilmore said:
Two questions before I go in there...

1.) How hot does it get?

2.) Will the rising warm air suck me up and through that kilometer high turbine chimney?

If so . . .

Wow. What a cool place to fight in Feng Shui. :cool:

Remove ads