[OT] WW2 / War Game [again]

Azure Trance

First Post
I know there was just a thread on this on the old UBB board, but the topic came back up again and I wish I read it more thoroughly D:

So. I would like to know what in your opinion is the overall best tactical (and perhaps realistic) computer war game there is. The following are all I know of:

- Steel Panthers, World At War (With assorted expansion packs - Guadacanal 42, Fortress Europe, Lost Victory, etc)
- Close Combat I - III
- Advanced Squad Leader

The only one I know of much at all is Steel Panthers, and that is only that it's strictly WW2. I know there are other types, like the original Pazner General series and whatnot, but I would like to know which ones are the best. I'm thinking of doing a casual PBEM with some other people I know who are miltary buffs.

Also, whats the best modern realistic tactical combat game? Any latest nitty gritty detail WW3 turn based games?

Old One

First Post
Grognard Reporting for Duty, Sir...

I have played most of them...

My favorites for tactical level are:

Combat Mission - Probably the most realistic treatment to date + tons of support. They have a free download w/ 2 scenarios and a ton of fan sites with all types of cool things. They are also coming out with an Eastern Front version sometime this year.

Close Combat Series - I think that CC2 and CC4 are probably the best ones

My favorite operational/strategic are:

Operational Art of War at www.talonsoft.com

Old One

Remove ads