• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Other kinds of get togethers.

Jeremy757

First Post
I know we are talking about putting a Game Day together sometime in the near future and I am looking forward to that. But I have been wondering if anyone would also be interested in other kinds of get togethers that require less time and commitment? Like a happy hour or a luncheon or dinner. Just meet and greet stuff, maybe put some names with faces.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
IMHO, there's nothing wrong with grabbing the occasional lunch or something else with gamers. Less a "Game Day" and more of a "Gamer's Day," I suppose.

Personally, I'll eat just about any kind of cuisine, almost anywhere in the Metroplex.

Anything particular in mind?

Jeremy757

First Post
Well I didn't have anything specific in mind, just kind of wanted to gauge interest.

I was thinking that more people might be likely to show up if only two or three hours of their time was required. Then once all the people in the group know each other and are familiar with each other they would be more likely to come to a more time intensive event like a Game Day.

We could do a simple lunch or dinner; just pick a restaurant and meet. Or something a little more exciting like lunch and games at Dave & Busters or Incredible Pizza Company. Or get together to play laser tag at Main Event.

Remove ads