• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Other than cleric, which class heals?

Drawback

First Post
Okay, it's been a while since I've played 3.5ed and I need some help making a character:

I've got asked to do (again) a LVL 1 heal-bot (cleric) for a gaming group. I'd like to try something different though...

1. Besides the CLERIC (and a rogue with a CLW wand), which other class from any WotC book can heal others efficiently?

2. If none, I'm thinking into taking some levels as cleric and then fork into another class... Is Dragon Shaman a "synergetic" choice? Any other ideas?

3. Other ideas???

Aus_Snow

First Post
Druid is kinda OK as a secondary, but not ideal by any means. Favoured Soul may as well be a Cleric, but not as good.

There's the actual Healer class from the Miniature's Handbook, but eh. Most wouldn't like playing such a class, IMO.

I suppose the trick is finding classes that can deal not so much with HP damage (though that's certainly useful!) but with far more debilitating, and often quite common status effects, etc.

I suppose yeah, there's the UMD thing. A few classes there. . .

Drawback

First Post
Yeah... I think I'll have to multiclass if I want to have something different from the "vanilla" cleric I've always had to play in most gaming groups I've been in!

Voadam

Legend
Cure light wound wands can make a lot of people the healer.

Cleric, Druid, Bard, Ranger, Paladin, UMD sorcerer, UMD Rogue.

I played a ranger who turned ranger/wizard who took on the healer role through judicious use of a CLW.

irdeggman

First Post
Bards get CLW at 2nd level.

They can use CLW wands since it is on their spell list, but CLW scrolls must be arcane versions unless they do a UMD check.

pawsplay

Hero
Ardents, or any psionic characters who uses Expanded Knowledge to grab healing powers from the psionic domains. Rainbow Servant (arcane PrC).

Or, since people are all making demands and stuff, you could play a wizard and insist that all the other PCs be warforged.

Shin Okada

Explorer
Regarding UMD, don't forget Artificer and Warlock. Both of them can eventually create magic items (scrolls, staffs, wands, etc.) of any spells including cleric's healing spells.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
The Favored Soul, Spirit Shaman and Shugenja all cast healing spells as well.

The Dragon Shaman has the ability to heal, but not until 6th level or so.

Remove ads