• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Our dm ran into a problem . . . .

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Saturday afternoon, table top game day. We are in a module put out by goodman games, something about savage Kings I think, dungeon crawl classic(?). It sounds like something started in our 2ed game days, just not quite sure. It has a trap called zombifieing gas, but there is no data on it in the module. He asked me to google it while he double and triple checked the module. Neither of us had luck, mean while the weather outside went quickly from rain to sleet and the threat of snow on top of the ice, so we broke up for the day.

1. Has any one heard of a module that sounds like what I described

2. Has any one heard of the substance mentioned

3. will you please post your information here?

And yes, number 3 was needed as there are a few folks out there who would answer yes to 1 and 2 and leave it at that. Just to get even with me. I would list who it is, but honestly, there are just too many.:laugh:

Last edited:

Herobizkit

Adventurer
A quick Google search revealed the module might be called "Doom of the Savage Kings". I also read a few blogs etc. of people who ran this adventure but there was no mention of this zombie gas.

My suggestion would be to start a thread or search through the forums over at Goodman Games and see if your answers lie there... or, since it's old-school D&D style, the DM should just make up whatever he wants. ;)

Thorindale

First Post
DCC #17: Legacy of the Savage Kings P. 17

Goblin Chest: This chest is trapped (Search DC 25 to detect) with a vial of one of Kyleth’s more wicked creations: zombifying gas. Opening the chest crushes the vial, instantly dissipating gas throughout the room. All those within a 5 ft. radius must make Fortitude saves (DC 18) or drop to the floor, seemingly dead, only to rise up the next round as faux-undead, lashing out at the nearest living creature. The madness lasts for 20 rounds, minus the victim’s Constitution, or until a cure wounds spell is cast upon the victim, they are knocked unconscious, or they are killed.

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

P. 17
Goblin Chest: This chest is trapped (Search DC 25 to detect) *** edit ***

Just out of curiosity, [MENTION=280]Thorindale[/MENTION], where did you get that information? I told the DM the info you gave me and It was simmply not in his copy at all. His is listed as a spell like effect and cr "X" trap.

trancejeremy

Adventurer
Hmmmm, it's in a module I have called "Legacy of the Savage Kings". Maybe it was reprinted as something else (Doom of the Savage Kings?), without that info?

Scott DeWar

'Legacy of' actually sounds right. blight blades, a blighted black dragon?

he has the pathfinderized copy of it, if that exists.

Oh, almost forgot to say: so there won't be spoilers, don't volunteer any info! There, got that out of the way.

Remove ads