• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Our Physical Fitness

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
For those who may not know yet, I was near death in 2011, I have been in medical physical recovery while my abdominal muscles were split from sternum to belt line and had atrophied back so far that I had no abdominal wall.

On the 28th of August I was in surgery again. this Surgery pulled the muscles as close together as possible and reversed a colostomy.

Now I am back to the start of exorcise, but walking 3 to 6 miles per day. My goal is to run in a 10 K race. Just to finish it. I have no delusions of placing in the top 10%. All I can do right now is walk. Boring as this is.

Grehnhewe

First Post
For those who may not know yet, I was near death in 2011, I have been in medical physical recovery while my abdominal muscles were split from sternum to belt line and had atrophied back so far that I had no abdominal wall.

On the 28th of August I was in surgery again. this Surgery pulled the muscles as close together as possible and reversed a colostomy.

Now I am back to the start of exorcise, but walking 3 to 6 miles per day. My goal is to run in a 10 K race. Just to finish it. I have no delusions of placing in the top 10%. All I can do right now is walk. Boring as this is.
Dude, you are inspirational. There are perfectly capable people with no physical restrictions who do not even get off the couch, and you are training for a 10K? Baller!!

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
This thread was started by one of my closest RL friends, GlassEye while I was incommunicado.

http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?313521-Scott-DeWar-s-absence

The thread was started 2 days after I was hit with this. He also does his best to keep my EN world friends up to date in this thread with as many facts as possible.

Basically, My intestins malfunctioned and ripped 2 inches from the inside out. I went into septic shock immediately and remaind in this dangerous state for 6 hours. By the numbers, I should not have survived.

sabrinathecat

Explorer
I need to find a new Dojo. Did so well with that until the marriage nightmare. And the one I was going to closed during that time. Others nearby are belt-factory McDojo types. Sorry, but out-of-shape as I am, if I think I can take your black-belts down based on their kihon and kata, there's a problem. (Only got to 1st brown myself, and now almost 10 years out of practice).
Last time I was on the scale was scarey. Need to convert about 20 lbs back to muscle, and ditch about 30.

Zombie_Babies

First Post
For me it's martial arts practice twice a week. I got out of the habit due to reasons and recently got back. Of course, I also pretty much instantly injured myself in a silly-ass way. Rolled my toes on the mat when running. They're still messed up. Taking an elbow to the middle of that foot and then also having it stepped on didn't help much either. Meh.

Remove ads