• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Our world through the eyes of a D&D inhabitant

Betote

First Post
How come people go to these schools for so many years to learn things? Why don't they take the easy route: go out, kill something and level up?

On Puget Sound

First Post
Actually, gnomes have some travel-related abilities. They can give you a buff that decreases the gold cost for the Flight ritual. Similar to the magical lizard that casts Protection on your car.

Zustiur

Explorer
Wait, it says here that once I learn something I can use it over and over, without having to memorize it every morning? How does that work? It doesn't make sense. Surely when I use my knowledge it disappears and I have to learn it again!

JDJblatherings

First Post
All the time - offstage. Rules are not physics.

Really? When was the last time a PC broke a leg wherein the DM wasn't applying any houserules? Got an infection that wasn't because of monster special ability? Cared about a specific wound for more then a fight which (again) was not the result of a monsters special ability? Getting gut stabbed was likely a death sentence pre WW2, not so in D&D worlds. NONE of these issues are typical in D&D.

Brown Jenkin

First Post
Raise dead is really nerfed as well. While the cost isn't to high considering you get to live again, they limit it to just very high level practitioners and you have to be at their temple within 4 minutes of dying or the ritual won't work.

Raise dead is really nerfed as well. While the cost isn't to high considering you get to live again, they limit it to just very high level practitioners and you have to be at their temple within 4 minutes of dying or the ritual won't work.

And the penalties (aside from failure) are all over the place (several years of coma, brain damage, fine in a few days or weeks). It's almost as trying to draw from the Deck of Many Things!

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Say we all live in a D&D world, governed by D&D laws of nature and science/magic. Our friend wants to run us through a new game called Houses & Humans (or whatever more clever name you want to give it), in a campaign setting called “Earth.” As you read the rules of the game and the campaign setting material, what do you find wrong, stupid, crazy, non-sensical, etc.? What would immediately have to be house ruled? Heck, would you even actually play it?

Mutants & Masterminds (real world) + Warriors & Warlocks (fantasy world).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads