• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Out of Shape Miniatures?

Mystery Man

First Post
Wolffenjugend said:
I read a post that told how to re-mold the new WotC minis that had bent out of shape. Can anyone direct me to it or report how it's done...
Emerse them briefly in boiling water and hold them in place as they cool. Never tried it, but thats what I've heard.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
The basic technique as reported to me is to put them into boiling water (and in the case of the thicker miniatures, to leave them there a little while so that the interior also softens), reshape them, and then put them into ice water to "fix" the change.

Cheers!

Wolffenjugend

First Post
I tried the boiling water method earlier and also came up with the ice water solution. It seemed to work for all but one mini (damn that sword keeps wanting to bend into a scimitar!).

Dire Bare

Legend
When I saw the thread title, I immediatlely thought, "What, are you looking for the perfect mini for your pudgy out-of-shape scholar-mage?"

Heh, that's the problem with mini's . . . they discriminate against non-heroic body shapes! :p

Aristotle

First Post
The hot water/cold water thing sounds like it would work. Just be careful you don't get the mini too hot or deform it when you attempt to bend it into place.

I haven't done anything to my bent minis yet. I'm getting quite a collection though. I'm thinking I'll set up shop in the kitchen one weekend and go through the worst of them all in one go using the hot water method.

Remove ads