D&D 5E Out of the Abyss IC

Yavathol

Explorer
OOC:
Ah, I see the error, my mistake. Grappled doesn't give advantage but restrained does.

When you said "She grappled and pinned the warrior, restraining him from further movement for the time being.", I didn't pick up on grappled being in red but restrained being normal color, and thought Raza had restrained him! Sorry about that!

GlassEye

Adventurer
Raza Thulcandra

Raza-Crab shook the kuo-toan warrior loose from her claw and let the body drop to the ground. Eyestalks twisted around, chitinous legs caressed the ground seeking out the next opponent. Spotting one at her sensory limit, she scuttled forward to join Kago in the attack.

[sblock=OOC]Claw atk: 1D20+3 = [12]+3 = 15
Claw dmg: 1D6+1 = [3]+1 = 4

GIANT CRAB
Str 13 (+1), Dex 15 (+2), Con 11 (+0)
Hit Points 13, HD 3
Speed 30, Swim 30
Blindsight 30 ft
Claw: +3 1d6+1 B, target grappled (escape DC 11; two claws to grapple)
(gear absorbed)
[/sblock]
[sblock=Raza, in brief]
[size=+1]Raza Thulcandra[/size], halfling Druid 4
Initiative: +3; Inspiration: No
AC: 14, Current: 14; HP: 31/31; Speed: 25 ft

Str 8 (-1), Dex 16 (+3) , Con 14 (+2), Int 11 (+0), Wis 16 (+3), Cha 12 (+1)

Conditions: Darkvision
Saves: Intelligence +2, Wisdom +5
Skills: Insight +5, Perception +5, Religion +2, Stealth +5
Senses: passive Perception 15

In Hand:
Spells Prepared: (7) (Grimoire)
  • 2nd level: 2/2; Darkvision, Flame Blade*, Lesser Restoration, Spider Climb (circle), Spike Growth (circle)
  • 1st level: 4/4; Absorb Elements*, Cure Wounds*, Faerie Fire, Goodberry
  • Cantrips: Druidcraft, Mold Earth, Produce Flame, Guidance
* can be cast at higher level
Spell Attack: +5; Spell save DC 13

Special:
Lucky, Brave, Halfling Nimbleness, Naturally Stealthy, Natural Recovery 2/2
Wild Shape 1/2 (2 hour duration)
Hit Dice 4/4 (1/2 total HD restored at long rest)

Stuff:
Kuo-toa pack, 1/2 ration, 1/2 full waterskin, focus (obsidion)
Driftglobe: light (at will); 1/1 daylight
[/sblock]

crab-Raza scritched her way toward Kago and clawed at a kuo toa flunkie, pinching the pitiable creature's forearm and dealing 4 points of damage. The kuo-toa mewled in pain as the giant crab's pincer bore down on its limb.

OOC: Raza is in square R18, I think. P17 is now at 12/18 hp, and is grappled (this auto grapple feature is both a DM's lifesaver and a thorn in my side, well done GE, you're seriously hampering my being able to harangue the party very much with Raza's having grappled these kuo-toa). Kago's up to bat, [MENTION=23298]industrygothica[/MENTION].

industrygothica

Adventurer
Kago swings his warhammer at the kuo-toa, but misses because of the writhing pain-dance due to Raza's crushing grip.

The warpriest looks around. Finding no other foe near enough, he brings Grummsh's warspear sailing at the kuo-toa's head!
OOC: Spiritual Weapon vs. P17: 1D20+4 = [17]+4 = 21
1D8+2 = [6]+2 = 8

There is a +4 modifier to the d20 roll this time as opposed to the +2 from before, since I just realized I was only adding my ability modifier to the attack roll and not my proficiency bonus as well.

End of Round 2, Start of Round 3

gnBo4Df.jpg

Credit: Wizards of the Coast . . . Cartography: Jared Blando
Google Drawing map

Kago brought the Spear of Gruumsh to bear on the enemy kuo-toa flunkie in Q17. The weapon dealt 8 points of damage.

Plooploopeen's warrior kuo-toa advanced toward the grappled kuo-toa flunkie and bit, but missed.

Solace moved to M14 and prepared to open fire on the enemy kuo-toa flunkies on the south side of the idol.

Ce'rek fired a black-fletched arrow, hitting J12 for 7 points of damage.

The enemy kuo-toa flunkies were a flurry of activity. The kuo-toa in E17 finished dragging F17 to safety; they disappeared.

The flunkie being grappled by crab-Raza began to flail wildly, trying to extricate herself from Raza's grasp. Unsuccessfully. When it became clear the creature had no hope of freeing herself, she began to bleat plaintively in a wretched sort of croaking. The kuo-toa flunkie in I13 moved to F13 and attacked Cerek with a trident. The blow hit Ce'rek, dealing 5 points of damage. The kuo-toa flunkie in J12 continued attacking a friendly flunkie, but missed.

OOC: End of Round 2. Start of Round 3. Brinn's turn, [MENTION=6799753]lowkey13[/MENTION].

GM: Initiative:
Brinn 28
Ally kuo-toa flunkies 19
Kamael 10
Enemy warrior kuo-toa 8
Raza 7
Kago 5
Plooploopeen's warrior kuo-toa 5
Solace 4
Ce'rek 4 (hp 29/34)
Enemy kuo-toa flunkies 2

[sblock=hp]Enemy warrior kuo-toa AC 11 dead

Enemy kuo-toa flunkies AC 13 hp 18/18
--J12 hp 3/18
--F13 hp 18/18
--P17 hp 4/18

Plooploopeen's kuo-toa flunkies AC 13 hp 18/18
--I11 hp 18/18
--J11 hp 15/18
--O15 hp 18/18
--P14 hp 18/18[/sblock]

CPhuAiw.jpg

Credit: Wizards of the Coast . . . Cartography: Jared Blando
Google Drawing map

Brinn strode briskly and with purpose across the shoreline, where he pummeled J12 for 13 points of damage. The creature had already been wounded, and fell dead at Brinn's feet with the first fist strike.

One of Plooploopeen's flunkies darted to the south and attacked the enemy kuo-toa by Ce'rek, hitting and dealing 6 points of damage. His colleague circled around to the enemy kuo-toa's back flank and attacked, but missed. The third and fourth of Plooploopeen's flunkies hared off to the south in pursuit of the enemy kuo-toa who previously fled.

OOC: Brinn's first fist strike killed the kuo-toa. If you can think of anything else Brinn can do this round with Other Fist, feel free to let me know and we'll work it in. Kamael's turn, [MENTION=33284]Yavathol[/MENTION].

GM: Initiative:
Brinn 28
Ally kuo-toa flunkies 19
Kamael 10
Enemy warrior kuo-toa 8
Raza 7
Kago 5
Plooploopeen's warrior kuo-toa 5
Solace 4
Ce'rek 4 (hp 29/34)
Enemy kuo-toa flunkies 2

[sblock=hp]Enemy warrior kuo-toa AC 11 dead

Enemy kuo-toa flunkies AC 13 hp 18/18
--J12
--F13 hp 12/18
--P17 hp 4/18

Plooploopeen's kuo-toa flunkies AC 13 hp 18/18
--G12 hp 18/18
--E14 hp 15/18
--C17 hp 18/18
--D18 hp 18/18[/sblock]

Yavathol

Explorer

Kamael took a careful look out to the lake and then across to the other side of the village, checking that the noise had not attracted unwanted attention. Then he crept around the hut again until he could see the burning shrine. It seemed as though the initial engagement was under control, so he ran closer to the others, still keeping close to the cover of a hut.

OOC:
That seemed a little too easy! Where is the daughter?

If no reinforcements coming from top or right of map, that he can see:
Action: Dash
Combined move to T18 please!

If he does see anything to be concerned about, move around the hut and send a warning Message spell to Kago.

[sblock=status]Kamael hp 22/22
AC 15
Inspiration no, Tides of Chaos yes, Concentrating: Create Bonfire
Slots 3/4 3/3, DC 14, Spell Attack +6
SP: 3/4
HD: 4/4
http://www.enworld.org/forum/group.php?discussionid=1414
[/sblock]

Kamael came out from hiding and crept to the side of another hut, this time in full view of the group.

OOC: Make a Perception check, [MENTION=33284]Yavathol[/MENTION]. Raza's turn, [MENTION=40413]GlassEye[/MENTION].

Remove ads