• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

"Out of the Frying Pan"- Book IV - Into the Fire [STORY HOUR COMPLETED - 12/25/06]

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Graywolf-ELM said:
Thanks for the DM notes too. I like the idea, and will probably use it for future installments of my own story hour.

GW

:\ I've been doing those since the story hour started. . .

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
weiknarf said:
I'm glad Kazrack's face was fixed finally.

So were we all. . . Kazrack player actually talked like that for that whole time (except when speaking out of character, of course).

Graywolf-ELM

Explorer
nemmerle said:
:\ I've been doing those since the story hour started. . .

Yes, and I've enjoyed them over time, and commented on them before if I'm not mistaken. You had enough of them for their own post this go round.

I'm just noting that I saw it here best, before I *borrow* it. :)

GW

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Graywolf-ELM said:
Yes, and I've enjoyed them over time, and commented on them before if I'm not mistaken. You had enough of them for their own post this go round.

Yeah, I use them because I like to avoid exposition in the writing of the story hour, and yet there is info I think people might like to have about background stuff.

Graywolf-ELM said:
I'm just noting that I saw it here best, before I *borrow* it. :)

GW

I hardly invented endnotes for you to be teling me you're borrowing the idea . . . ;)

But I'm glad I could inspire. . . :cool:

Manzanita

First Post
right. I can see how this would take you a long time to write, Nemmerle. Thanks for getting it done. I really enjoyed this update. Looks like Dorn will join the party too. Good. They could use a rogue. Can you take a minute to update us on everyone's level and classes?

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Manzanita said:
Can you take a minute to update us on everyone's level and classes?

Sure.

At this point in the campaign:

Kazrack Fighter 3 / Priest 5
Ratchis Ranger 3 / Priest 5
Martin Illusionist 8

Dorn Fighter 3 / Rogue 1

Gunthar Fighter 8

Dherys Thal

First Post
The gift that keeps on giving

This campaign often depresses me, and yet I keep reading it - the details and the 'realism' are what's so enjoyable I guess. The last couple of posts have been a great deal of fun to read.

It's a very distinctive story hour in terms of its flavor. Realism is probably the right word - the injuries are severe, people die routinely (but not in a campy LoT way - not bagging on LoT) and instead of thinking of the PCs and feeling care-free and mythical, one instead feels surrounded by ominous portents, burdened, tired, injured etc. - which on some level makes the heroism more meaningful.

I'm relieved that Kazrack is finally well again - I was developing an empathic complex for the poor bastard. He truly is the Job of Aquerra.

I really worry about Martin's book and this necromancer in town as well - something in the back of my mind says the party are being used as pawns, but I can't say why.

Last edited:

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Dherys Thal said:
This campaign often depresses me, and yet I keep reading it - the details and the 'realism' are what's so enjoyable I guess. The last couple of posts have been a great deal of fun to read.

It's a very distinctive story hour in terms of its flavor. Realism is probably the right word - the injuries are severe, people die routinely (but not in a campy LoT way - not bagging on LoT) and instead of thinking of the PCs and feeling care-free and mythical, one instead feels surrounded by ominous portents, burdened, tired, injured etc. - which on some level makes the heroism more meaningful.

Well, thanks for continuing to read despite the depression. . . ;)

Heck, I should thank my players for continuing to play despite the grim atmosphere of the campaign.

As for the distinctive flavor, I work hard to get it to come through in the story - and really want to give the impression that the heroes are struggling in a larger world of which they are a very small (and yet increasinly crucial) part.

I won't comment on the speculation. . . :uhoh:

Remove ads