• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

out of turn attacks

teachamath

First Post
I am looking to team up with a rogue (old thief not essentials) who only will play a cunning sneak crossbow shooter. I have looked at warlord powers but only see the ranged direct the attack. Are there other encounter powers that I am missing for the warlord? On a related note, do other classes have similar (give another character an attack off-turn) powers that give off-turn attacks to allies. I know Cause Fear (cleric) gives off-turn opportunity attacks. What about it?

mneme

Explorer
Warlord and Shaman can both be played directing others to make attacks nearly all the time. Ranged is harder than melee, but not really hard.

Don't forget that there are powers that let someone make a "basic attack" -- that can be ranged -or- melee!

Stay on Target does it at 9th level (daily).

Call to Action does it as a level 15 daily.

Shamans have:

Spirits Prey -- Opportunity attack at-will power
Spirit Infusion -- at-will; Ally makes a basic attack at a target within 1 of the spirit and the spirit disappears, but you don't want this, you want
Claws of the Eagle: An ally within 3 of you or adjacent to your spirit companion can make a basic attack against the target; if it hits the target grants combat advantage until the end of your next turn.
Great Watcher Spirit -- level 1 Daily
Haunting Spirits -- level 1 at-will, doesn't grant an attack, but -does- grant an ally combat advantage against the target on hit.
Sly Fox Spirit -- level 3 encounter
Ancient Warlord's Inspiration: level 9 Daily
Spirit of the Killing Shot: level 13 Encounter
Boar's Toss: level 17 encounter
As well as a couple of level 29 abilities, and I'm sure some I've missed.

radja

First Post
there's also the ardent, from PH3
a sort of psionic warlord who can grant attacks, like with the lvl 5 daily power fate exchange. (teleport to switch places? nice. Oh? Both get to take a basic attack? nice! For each basic attack that hits? someone can spend a surge and roll a save. nice!! both attacks missed? that just sucks... here's your daily power back.)

Remove ads