• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Outcasts Forever: Issue #2 - Bucky Must Die!

Gideon

First Post
Iron Man

Radiant said:
Barely able to surpress a laugh Carol just grins widely at Tony.
"You know what the most amazing thing is? Even knowing how you play the game it is still hard not to like it. But if you can't beat Doom with a winning smile I suggest you put on the helmet."

"Game? What game? I would never play games with a beautiful woman like yourself." Tony walks back to his seat where his helmet waits with big, sad puppy dog eyes.

With a twist he seals the helmet onto his armor.

"So, Who is this Doom guy? I mean Wonder kid didn't like him much earlier but I don't know if that really counts as a good bio."

Radiant

First Post
Gideon said:
"Game? What game? I would never play games with a beautiful woman like yourself." Tony walks back to his seat where his helmet waits with big, sad puppy dog eyes.

With a twist he seals the helmet onto his armor.

"So, Who is this Doom guy? I mean Wonder kid didn't like him much earlier but I don't know if that really counts as a good bio."

"Of course not, how could I ever think of such a thing. I hope you can accept my heartfelt apology."[/coolor]
She grins at him and turns to Adam.
"Just keep it flying, then the trouble starts I got to get out or I'll just melt through the hull and then Tony won't even stop about me being hot."
She tries to come up with any catchphrase antiquated enough to do the job for their landing right now.
"In the worst case we just say it's an emergenby landing. Knowing us, it might just be one by the time we get where anyway.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Inside Avengers Quinjet
Nearing a British AFB/1945
Late afternoon

All

Adam nodded his head in understanding of the Vision's comment. The plane quickly approach the British airbase. Noting their speed, Adam adjusted to speed to match the typical speed of the airplane they were mimicking.

Captain America said:
"Adam, I would like you to stay at the controls. You aren't used to working as part of the team yet, so I would feel better if you supported us from the Quinjet. If you are all right with Vision's suggestion of replying to radio traffic, feel free to talk us in. Binary can help with any Air Force jargon if you need it."
"Of course, Captain America," Adam reponded in his crackling robotic tone.

Almost like clockwork the radio chipped up with someone on the otherside requesting clear and identification. Adam responded, "This is U.S. Army flight 273, delivering supplies and personnel from the carrier, Republic. Request permission to approach and land."

Radio: "Authentication please", the clipped British tone requested.

Adam responded, "Piper 142. Bravo."

After several anxious moments, the radio responded with an all clear and approach directions. Adam set the plane down and taxied to a warehouse near the edge of the base that had its own runway. The temporal signal should be coming from within that large warehouse.

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Captain America

Inside Avengers Quinjet
Late afternoon

Jack stood and moved towards the hatch. His Army, olive drab, coveralls a size to big to mask the shield strapped to his back. He ran a hand through his brown hair without realizing he was doing it. He looked over the others as he moved towards the hatch.

"Sandman and Vision, we'll need you to head into the warehouse and see what's there. We'll be ready to back you up, just say the word." He looked back over at Beast and Iron Man. "Anything else on the scanners?"

Mimic

First Post
Vision

With a nod to Captain America, Vision moves to the center of the jet and quickly passes through the bottom and into the ground. Once in the ground, where hopefully no one saw him he will head towards the large warehouse.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Near the Warehouse
A British AFB/1945
Late afternoon

Vision

Vision glanced at his surroundings, the late afternoon sun was nearing dusk, long shadows assisted his chances of remaining unobserved. Vision noticed a pair of guards at each of the nearby entrances, wearing british uniforms.

Closer inspection revealed that the uniforms did not seem to fit well . . . and the guards seemed nervous.

OOC: Spot: roll of 17 + 4 : 21 success!!

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Inside Avengers Quinjet
Late afternoon

All but Vision

The warehouse itself seemed part hangar, and the back end of the warehouse extended out into the sea with several launch ramps. The scanners didn't yield any valuable information . . . a couple of airplane engines were picked up . . . and four strange energy signatures . . . two of them pulsating . . . two were not. The signature was not temporal or dimensional in nature.

The plane landed easily and taxied toward the warehouse in question. Adam and Binary seemed to ignore the flagman who was waving them elsewhere. The curse words on his lips were easy to read.

kid A

First Post
Sandman

Flint nodded to the Captain, but then watched as the Vision phased out of sight. "I guess I'll wait until we reach the ground..."

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Captain America

Inside Avengers Quinjet
Late afternoon

Jack watched through the canopy as well as the monitors as Vision slipped through the jet. His eyes darted back and forth, taking in everything before him. Something didn't seem right. "What kinds of reading are we getting from the hanger?"

As the plane neared the hanger, Cap turned to Sandman. "Flint, get in there and back Vision up. If anything is wrong, get back here. We don't want the two of you getting into any trouble. Not to mention we don't want to mess up the time stream." The last part of what he said struck him as odd. 'We're here to kill Bucky and I'm worried about what might happen.'

Gideon

First Post
Iron Man

"The hanger is showing 4 signals Cap. Two of them have a weird surge going. None are on old Time's Dance Card."

The some what mechanized voice sounded through the yellow and red helmet.

Iron Man shifted over to the door and waited for the Go. Tony was damn excited to get going with this already. He had changes to make to his armor and this mission stuff was just getting in the way.

Tony was quickly making changes to his scanners to make sure they recorded every output from Doom's suit they could.

Never hurts to compare.

Remove ads