• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Over 300 new monsters in one book!!

morrigan

First Post
Over 300 new monsters for your game!!
Ever want to throw a new monster at your players? With its strange and often dangerous flora and fauna, Talislanta provides ample material for GMs of the d20 edition of Talislanta or for those who want new monsters for their home campaign.

For the first time, The Talislanta Menagerie brings together all of the strange and exotic creatures of Talislanta into one book. Imagine Kang soldiers marching through your campaign setting. Imagine the surpirse on your players' faces when a stealthy exomorph leaps from the undergrowth at them. Imagine the Brood at war with the Githyanki in the astral plane.

Dual statted for both Talislanta 4th Edition and d20, the Talislanta Menagerie is the much-anticipated, must-have book for fans of Talislanta or those who want to add Talislanta's unique creatures to their d20 campaigns.

Available now in PDF format through DriveThruRPG, the 256 page print edition will be released at Gencon Indy, drop by the Morrigan Press booth for a look.

Cheers,
Scott Agnew
Morrigan Press Inc.
www.talislanta.com

Boss

First Post
Greetings Scott,

First allow me to say that I love the new D20 version of Talislanta. I have been a long time follower of the game, but mostly to bring ideas into my home brew. I love the new magic system and plan to incorporate that into the game I am currently running. Congrats again on bringing a wonderful world to the D20 genre.

Now for the nitpicking. I have only glanced through the Menagerie very quickly, as I just purchased it from Drivethrurpg a few moments ago, but I already have problems. Namely, there is not an index and there are no bookmarks for the pdf. Plus all of the D20 material is thrown in as an appendix to the book. Now I realize that it would have been a major undertaking to add the d20 material into the descriptions of the creatures, especially as the book had already been put out for 4th edition, but without any sort of bookmark or index to look at, I had to go through it page by page on the laptop to find where the appendix started, page 208 out of 257. This may not seem like a big deal, but I don't want to print out the book, I like having it to look at on my laptop when I game. Going back and forth between an entry on one page, then having to scan page by page to find it's D20 stats is extremely unwieldy. Before I can even think about using this in a game, I am going to have to create the bookmarks myself, and, as I paid $20 for the book, this does not make me very happy or impressed with this product.

Sorry, I didn't mean to go on a rant there, I actually intended to make a suggestion, but as I looked at it more and had to scan back and forth, it got the better of me. To be honest, I am happy with the game itself and how you handled the D20 mechanics.

R. Scott Roberts

morrigan

First Post
Boss said:
Greetings Scott,

First allow me to say that I love the new D20 version of Talislanta. I have been a long time follower of the game, but mostly to bring ideas into my home brew. I love the new magic system and plan to incorporate that into the game I am currently running. Congrats again on bringing a wonderful world to the D20 genre.

Now for the nitpicking. I have only glanced through the Menagerie very quickly, as I just purchased it from Drivethrurpg a few moments ago, but I already have problems. Namely, there is not an index and there are no bookmarks for the pdf.
SNIP

We went back and forth over the idea of an index but in the end it just didn't seem necessary for book where every entry is in the book in alphabetical order. The bookmark issue is well taken and we will try and get an updated PDF out ASAP with bookmarks to the d20 section of the book and if we can, we may hyperlink the creature descriptions to the d20 stats in the back.

For those who don't own it yet, the first portion of the book contains all the creature descriptions and Tal4 stats while all d20 stats are presented in the back section of the book: 50+ pages of d20 stats in all. It was a major undertaking to convert over 300 Talislanta critters into d20 so we sincerely hope the d20 players out there will enjoy bringing Tal monsters into their D&D campaigns.

Thanks for your praise and I hope you continue to enjoy Talislanta.
Cheers,
Scorr Agnew
Morrigan Press Inc.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads