• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Oversupplementers anonymous

Furn_Darkside

First Post
Dark said:

Am I alone in my suffering?

Everyone is alone in their suffering. :D

Does anyone else have a two foot pile of D20 books, that makes you weep to think of the money spent?

I have not measured, but I must have close to three feet if not more.

I don't weep about it- I use a lot of it, and that which I don't use.. I will use eventually. I have worked hard for my money and like spending it on good products.

FD

MEG Hal

First Post
Yes, some say the reason I got in the business was to get more stuff :D . I have like Psion a pretty large collection of 3e stuff, some older as well as my pride the 74 white boxed set with Gygax and Arneson auto's on the cover of book 1----sweeet!

But I do have quite a nice collection, my other "collectibles" have been moved and shifted and may sell some of my cartoon art (past life) on ebay soon. I would assume I have 2.5 shelves of books and the shelves are 3-4 ft wide :eek: . I do get some free or trade, BUT I do my wallet damage as well, like the d20 meteorite die I bought at GenCon.

So yes, I do need to go to the meetings as well.

Ha. 2-4 foot piles are nothing. My previous DM had a 12 foot shelf packed with boxed sets and suppliments, and another one filled with nothing but adventures. That 2nd Ed. library puts any D20 collection I've come across thus far to shame, even my own budding collection.
Yes, I am an oversupplementer, but my transgressions only go into wanting to try new stuff in new campaigns (though a few of the other DMs have tried to hackney a campaign with adding new material after the start). I take pride in my (near) ability to play any genre of game the group wants to play, from fantasy to superspy to space opera.
Nothing can halt the growth of my options, not common sense, and not normal logic! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHahahahahahahaha ha...
*Ahem* Anyways...

The Sigil

Mr. 3000 (Words per post)
Magius del Cotto said:
Ha. 2-4 foot piles are nothing. My previous DM had a 12 foot shelf packed with boxed sets and suppliments, and another one filled with nothing but adventures. That 2nd Ed. library puts any D20 collection I've come across thus far to shame, even my own budding collection.
That sounds like me. I have nearly 100 titles for d20 - and on the order or 1,000 (!) for other systems (mostly D&D/AD&D, but I have the complete Rifts Collection through 1999 - at which point I stopped playing - as well as near-complete collections from such diverse companies as Flying Buffalo (Love Grimtooth), ICE, FASA, TSR, and so forth).

The gem (for me) is having every Star Frontiers book - including the hard-to-find stuff like Mission to Alcazzar. :) I still love Star Frontiers. The system is clunky and unrealistic, but the nostalgia of that setting... mmm....

I would say I have a problem, but I *do* actually crack open just about every one of those books each year. Maybe that's a bigger problem. ;)

My new habit - collecting ESDs - much less shelf-intensive. :)

I think I have around 100 ESDs, and close to 50 PDFs from RPGNow.com for 3rd Edition.

I have a problem. But I love my problem. :D

--The Sigil

Last edited:

maddman75

First Post
I'm an oversupplementer myself. But I've figured out the key to keep too much information from flooding my campaign.

Accept that you like buying, collecting, and reading RPG books. Don't feel like you have to use every supplement you buy. If you need it, great. There it is. If not, you still got the pleasure of reading the book - I know I feel like a kid at christmas time with a shiny new d&d book in my hands.

Use what is right for your campaign. Buy what you need for that campaign, and anything else you'd be interested in reading.

Ashy

First Post
I had so much stuff that after we just moved into a house, I gave a ton of it away to my old gaming group - :eek: they thought I was losing me marbles.... :p

I know one thing - it is threads like this that make D20 publishers VERY HAPPY.... :p

My problem is even worse, Sigil. I buy tons of books that not only don't I use, but sometimes I don't even read.
cry.gif

CTD

First Post
I must confess, in 1E and 2E I was on overcollector. There was never an "if" on most purchases, just a "when".

I found the cure for 3E though. I have less than one foot of D20 material!

What saved me though my friends? What salvation?????

Children :rolleyes:

Estlor

Explorer
Ah, I remember the simple days of 3E when I had just three books and was told that was all I needed.

Now I have the Almost all of the generic WotC supplements, a healthy number of the S&SS Scarred Lands ones, all of the Ravenloft books, the main two Dragonstar books... I need help :(

Remove ads