• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Paid – [Zeitgeist Games] Open Call for Writers!

Hey jay have you ever reached them by phone. Two more emails and two more phone calls later my husband still hasn't reached anyone. He gets a voice message and left two.

Jaybird216

First Post
I never had to try by phone. All of my emails were answered promptly (first by Chris, saying he didn't work there anymore and giving me Dustin's addy) and then by Dustin. Granted, most of them were "We're looking into it." but when I bugged them with a follow up, the next "We're still looking into it." came promptly.

Here's a link to the contact info on Arneson's personal site. Maybe the honcho can get you some sassifaction.

Sorry, I wish I could be more helpful.

JB

DonTadow

First Post
Hi Jay,

As the frustrated writer I thank you for directing my wife to the proper channels. I've been bit too peeved to ask myself. I am very irked though. I've left 3 messages and sent 4 emails (post the "check is in the mail" email).

DonTadow

First Post
Anyone else got any suggestions? I've been emailing and calling them every week. Nothing. I"d really like to avoid going the legal route over this? Anyone have any other contact info?

Black Knight

First Post
Maybe a "one-time partner" in the form of another publisher may be able to guide you in the direction you seek. I'm not going to name this publishing partner here, but you should be able to figure it out easily enough.

By-the-by, they owe me some money (or at least some paperwork) too.

gamingghostwriter

First Post
DonTadow said:
Anyone else got any suggestions? I've been emailing and calling them every week. Nothing. I"d really like to avoid going the legal route over this? Anyone have any other contact info?

Greetings,

While I no longer work for Zeitgeist Games, and have not for some time (but I've done a little writing work since, but always interested in new projects), anyone who is owed money by Zeitgeist Games for any work they have done for the various Blackmoor books or their "living" campaign can send me their information, which I'll get to Dustin Clingman, President of Zeitgeist Games, one way or another. (Again, I no longer work for or represent Zeitgeist Games in any form or manner.)
Personally, I am still owed money (that is long overdue) for past works and about a month ago I was informed by Dustin, via e-mail, that everyone that is still owed money would be paid by the end of this year (2007). I don't know any specifics (who is still owed, amount owed, etc.), since I deleted all company documents from my computers shortly after my relationship with Zeitgeist Games ended. But personally, I am willing to assist anyone who is still seeking to get paid for their past labors.
Cheers,

Christopher Reed
gamingghostwriter@yahoo.com

Filcher

First Post
I think, as professionals, we need to take this off forum. Chris, are you willing to be the hub? Folks can email you to start and we can build up a quick and dirty email list of folks w/ grievances.

gamingghostwriter

First Post
Greetings,

Filcher said:
I think, as professionals, we need to take this off forum.

Excellent point Filcher.

Filcher said:
Chris, are you willing to be the hub? Folks can email you to start and we can build up a quick and dirty email list of folks w/ grievances.

I'm willing to assist wherever I can, but please remember that I in no manner represent Zeitgeist Games. If I find out anything, I'll reply to those who contact me off-list.
Cheers,

Christopher Reed
gamingghostwriter@yahoo.com

Remove ads