• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Paid Postions open for Black Dagger Game Designs

Were looking for an editor and assistant editor who is comfortable with 3.5 formats, 3.5 rules and OGL, who is also good at syntaxing, reliable with returning information back to us in a timely manner especially asignments. This is a contracted position. With our upcoming second project we will need an good editor to help with often the overload of editing that has lately been shared by by "fill in editors" from time to time. We ultimately would like an project editor and two assistant editors, so were two shy of the goal. Its not that we didnt have editors with our first project, its just they have moved on, quit, or other task came up.

We need an assistant web designer who will work with our web designer on general improvements at our product and hosted website. You will help fix links, watch for spam, flamewars on boards, and other minor details. This is a contract position. We are also looking for an web designer who can copy our website onto another site so that we will have three websites up and running. We have a few websites host that we use, though you will have some creativity and say in the website.

This paragraph origionally posted as jobs for artist, this is an error at this time, I sincerly apologize, as we used an old announcement. We will need artist in about 6 months, by then we will have our layout done and most of the project completed. I will however, add you to a mailing list and if you wish invite you to our work site to keep you abreast. I will also certainly take a look at your work if you want as to refresh my memory when it gets closer to the open call of artist. I have been out of town and only caught the error when emailed by an interest. Again, I sincerely apologize that we didnt catch this earlier.

We really need freelance writers coming up with our second project, Dungeons-Back Again. Again you can send us credential where or what you worked on or a small sample to an attachment.
Because we are a different d20 company, you do not have to be experienced in artwork or writing to apply to us. Infact, we strive hard to work with amatuars to give them some clout in the industry. Its not that we just take everyone off the block, we do have a good professional team working with us, but we do like to give the average guy a chance. This applies to all our positions.

We need a news person, someone who will take about an hour out of their time a week to deliver us a news scoop from the rpg world. It can be mainstream news, or an internet news. This is a volunteer position, but were thinking of making it a semi-contract if we couldget a newsscoop every day and it was different. It should cover news from members working on things as long as trade secrets not involved, interviews from us, other companies if their pardership with us, newsflashes, ect. Since your covering the news, you also be responseable for the question of the week. Your news will be put upon our product site.

We need a board moderator for this work site. Your responsabilities will be to delete older messages that do not pertain to rpg material, keep flamewars down, (we only had one so far and that was too many),have a fair knowledge of DnD so as to up our messages by replying to them infrequently, keep spam out, Inform us of bouncing members and minor details. This is a volunteer job (probably 30 minutes out of your life a week) but if you like maintaining things and keeping tabs on people this is for you. You wont have complete board moderator control such as be able to delete members the site, or us, but you will be a board moderator and will have some degree of authority.

I'm by the way CEO of a newly formed (we've been around about 3 years) called Black Dagger Game Designs. The first link is to our worksite, but gives a brief overview of us and if interesed you can send me at email asking for an invite, but you must bring something to the table so to speak what you can do. Naturally applying for one of the postions will qualify. work site The site is restricted but you can browse some and get an ideal. The second site is our production site for now, where we plan on selling our products, though we are in the act to moving to another site which is under construction and we will sell products from that site later on down the line. It is a public site Black Dagger Game Designs and finally I can be sent an email at nightprowler4321@yahoo.com or picesman20@hotmail.com for invites, further questions, or if interested. Replying to this post should generate an email from me also.
Thank you for your time in reading this.

Last edited:

a2ndchapter

Tabletop Scotland & Polyhedral Press Overlord
Link not working.

The Yahoo Group link isn't working - there's a comma in the link.

I worked it out but not everyone will.

http://games,groups.yahoo.com/group/BlackDaggerGameDesigns/

If anyone is interested in seeing what else these guys have done take a look at -

http://www.lulu.com/blackdaggergames

I'll have a browse through your site and let you know by email. I've got a few other things on the go at the moment it will likely come down to available time.

Cheers,

Dave

Last edited:

I just happened to be passing by and noticed that Danilo a/k/a Dispari sent you a PM. He worked on our upcoming (i.e., shipping tomorrow) Dawning Star: Operation Quick Launch. I just want to say that Danilo is an absolute pleasure to work with: unbelievably quick and responsive, unparalleled professionalism, and the next time I go to Italy, I'm using it as a tax write-off. :lol:

Seriously, if you end up using Danilo, you will not be disappointed.

MRTrice

First Post
Intrigued

I'll send a sample and resume later this evening.

I have a solid amount up freelance experience and an editorial background, if needed; so I'd be curious about more details if what you see intrigues.

Michael Trice

StoneJackal

First Post
I will look over the site, your products and more importantly my schedule and let you know later this evening whether I can commit.
I'd hate to be interested, make contact get my hopes up... then find I can't really commit to the deadlines.
Better safe than sorry.

Remove ads