Pathfinder 2E Paizo announced Tian Xia World Guide, Character Guide, and the Season of Ghosts adventure path.

nevin

Hero
Thor: Love and Thunder also did over 7 times the box office as Goodfellas (adjusted for inflation). ;)
It did hit after infinity war. I think the Marvel Universe is in the process of learning that if every single thing is about saving the universe then saving the universe becomes boring. They really just need some hero movies that aren't tied into some smothering Arc. Let their hero's be hero's and win without the universe being the prize everytime.

Jahydin

Hero
As a long-time Pathfinder GM, basically no ways. There are people who think that because there isn't grim and gritty ultraviolence like in Paizo's 3.5 days that the game has somehow been "babified", but these people do not usually actually pay any attention to the game.
I can see having that impression by just going off the book covers, which although well done, does use softer pastels and have a softer tone.

The content is still pretty dark and bleak though. I'm running an AP where, off the top of my head:
  • The characters are expected to cut themselves and bleed in order to gain admission to a church.
  • Humans are raised as a food source like cattle.
  • A powerful villain flayed some bandits alive and their skin clumped together to form a hateful blob monster.

And that's just book 1 of 6. :)

Jadeite

Open Gaming Enthusiast
As a long-time Pathfinder GM, basically no ways. There are people who think that because there isn't grim and gritty ultraviolence like in Paizo's 3.5 days that the game has somehow been "babified", but these people do not usually actually pay any attention to the game.
Agents of Edgewatch is not the most recent AP, but it's pretty edgy, including lots of slasher NPCs and locations.

Mesero

Explorer
Really, in what way?
More jokes, everything being less serious. Generally less emphasis on setting consistency in favor for "rule of cool" (even more so than in the past).
See for example goblins with all their "inventions" in recent books, ect. And yes, also the art, cover and otherwise.
It all just looks like a themed Disney parade of a culture instead of the real thing.

Mesero

Explorer
What about the cover art there makes it seem less "real"?
The lolling dragon for example. And also what Scribe said about the more cartoonish art style (and imo bad art when you look at the necks). Also I question the decision of making a boat race the cover picture for then Tian Xia book.
But its not only the picture, its for example how goblins are pushed into the whacky inventor role with cartoony gadgets and so on. When looking at the recent publications of Pathfinder I think they are less serious than they were in the past.

Remove ads