• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Paizo: Any plans for more complete AP books?

DragonLancer

Adventurer
Yesturday I picked up my copy of the RotRL anniversary book. I'm curious as to whether Paizo is going to be releasing the other APs in this format?

Thanks.

They've admitted that it was popular enough that they cannot rule it out, but also feel the other APs are still available and not that hard to find, so the need to buy the compiled book is less: you can just buy all six AP books.
And while it might be nice to have updated versions of the other 3.5 modules, none were as popular as RotRL.

But they haven't ruled it out. Kingmaker is very popular and has likely been played enough to warrant some revisions. And the kingdom building rules have supposedly been reprinted, revised, and expanded for Ultimate Campaign.

But they wouldn't do it every year. Maybe in another 5 years.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Yeah, apparently they figure that if they started doing it for every one too many people would stop their subscriptions and would just wait for the compilation and since the AP subscriptions bring in the most money, they would be shooting themselves in the face by doing this.

Stormonu

Legend
Also, the original Rise of the Runelords was done pre-Pathfinder, so it was a chance to 'fix' some areas to match the changes Pathfinder brought about. I don't remember how far along they were in the AP's before Pathfinder Core Rules came out, though (I have RotRL, but didn't pick a subscription back up until Kingmaker).

I'll bet some time down the road they'll at least do a Kingmaker AP book.

delericho

Legend
"Council of Thieves" was the first Adventure Path for the Pathfinder RPG. There were four published before then: "Rise of the Runelords", "Curse of the Crimson Throne", "Second Darkness", and "Legacy of Fire". TBH, I would be quite surprised if there was a huge demand for a compilation of any of these - while good, none of them quite set the world alight as did "Kingmaker" or "Rise of the Runelords" (or, more specifically, that first adventure, "Burnt Offerings").

I agree, though, that a compilation of "Kingmaker" seems likely in time - perhaps for the 10th anniversary of the AP product?

feytharn

First Post
They stated there were no plans for doing another book of that kind. They 'kept open' a door in case:
1) The original books are sold out AND
2) There is a special occasion (10 Years Paizo, 5 years RotRL...)
3) The book fits the schedule
So it remains possible, but highly unlikely for the next couple of years.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads