Paizo Blog: Mythic Adventures Playtest

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
The preview they showcased a month ago was something like "add +10 to all your 5th level character's rolls. Now he's Mythic!".

Has anything changed since?
I'm not sure which preview you're referring to, because the rules are explicitly not like this. While there are some numerical bonuses, the vast majority of powers are about "breaking" the rules: moving and full-attacking, casting a spell without expending it, etc.

Kinak

First Post
The preview they showcased a month ago was something like "add +10 to all your 5th level character's rolls. Now he's Mythic!".

Has anything changed since?
I don't recall any preview like that, but the playtest document didn't have a lot of numerical bonuses. Some of the new feats have numbers, of course, and some of the mythic versions of spells provide numerical bonuses... but that's about it.

In other words, if you wanted a system without any numerical bonuses, you're out of luck. Otherwise I'd download the document and have a look.

Cheers!
Kinak

Evenglare

Adventurer
I was reading some more, I really REALLY like the rules, they allow you to play stuff like greek myths without actually having to play level 20+ characters. I'm really impressed with what Paizo has done. It's clear they love their game and are trying to push all the boundaries.

I'm not sure which preview you're referring to, because the rules are explicitly not like this. While there are some numerical bonuses, the vast majority of powers are about "breaking" the rules: moving and full-attacking, casting a spell without expending it, etc.

I don't recall any preview like that, but the playtest document didn't have a lot of numerical bonuses. Some of the new feats have numbers, of course, and some of the mythic versions of spells provide numerical bonuses... but that's about it.

In other words, if you wanted a system without any numerical bonuses, you're out of luck. Otherwise I'd download the document and have a look.

Cheers!
Kinak
What I was referring to was a short peak a couple of months ago, where the geist just seemed like adding more numbers to everything, which made me and others pose the question "if the goal is fighting 100 hp enemies, why not just play at the appropiate level? Why add x hp and x bonuses to a 5th level character instead?"

Last edited:

IronWolf

blank
I posted an overview of the Mythic Adventures Playtest over at The Iron Tavern.

Mythic Adventures Playtest

I was pretty impressed with it and I am not a big one on epic level play. I really liked how it was extremely flexible. A GM could work it into an existing campaign, use the rules temporarily and then back to a normal campaign, or run an entire campaign and world with them.

I agree, I like how Paizo has pushed the boundaries with this one and come up with a very flexible system.

Remove ads