• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Paizo making a decision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guennarr

First Post
kenmarable said:
No matter how much I want to post something about Paizo and WotC working out a licensing deal for a much sought after property in order to give it the Wayne Reynolds/Paizo make-over - namely
My Little Pony
. Really, I won't post anything about that.

Oops, too late.

Paizo certainly wouldn't show interest for such an offer.
They seem to do quite well on their own (apart from the GSL issue...).

WotC could be quite interested in getting them back.
But do they have the means for doing so?

Admiral Caine

First Post
GMSkarka said:
I doubt that.

We're certainly not anywhere near the size or presence of Paizo, but we were one of the few publishers invited to participate in the pre-announcement conference call back in January, and I can tell you we haven't seen anything on the GSL yet.

I concede the point to you sir...

And Wicht? You're right, the GSL is not the rules.. and Erik did say that he'd need the rules to make a decision.

But that makes me wonder what it is they're announcing? Because if you know where to look, they're ordering pizza this afternoon and having a party.

No kidding.

These people (Paizo) are happy and excited.

Last edited:

tbug

First Post
CPT_KIRSTOV said:
I have a 3 page response to watcher's tech thread ;) written out and saved on notepad right now about 1/2 way through writing it I felt weird so copied it and hit post and it came up with the goblins

I have my next installment of the giantkin goblin PC Pathfinder game I'm running, and what prevents me from posting about it? More stinking goblins! I can't get away from them!

Admiral Caine said:

And Wicht? You're right, the GSL is not the rules.. and Erik did say that he'd need the rules to make a decision.

But that makes me wonder what it is they're announcing? Because if you know where to look, they're ordering pizza this afternoon and having a party.

No kidding.

Wow, you're staking out the Paizo offices? You are dedicated, sir.

Well, in that case, march over there, tell them to put down their pizza and just announce for goodness sake!

atom crash

First Post
I truly hope this is all about a software upgrade. I wanted to spend some money at their web store today, and now I can't.

I'd hate to think that they've shut down their entire site because they're making some decision about 4E.

Timespike

A5E Designer and third-party publisher
Admiral Caine said:

No kidding.

Or this is a last hurrah before the end. You can interpret this either way.

Wicht

Hero
Admiral Caine said:

Ok.

I'll bite.

Where do you look?

MKMcArtor

First Post
kenmarable said:
Alright last one...

The MPAA and FBI cracked down on the largest p2p distributor of bootleg anime, which unfortunately was Mike McArtor file sharing it all from Paizo servers. Once they saw what else Paizo was distributing (namely books filled with gore and violence plus work on a "secret project" involving "complex math equations"), they invoked the Patriot Act and shut the place down.

Who told?!?!?!

*hastily burns DVD-Rs*

:lol:

Festivus

First Post
As long as we are speculating, Paizo decides to buy out Fantasy Flight Games, who recently picked up the WHFRP line and begins publishing using that ruleset. Bah, nevermind, that can't be it.

Whatever *IT* is, they certainly have grabbed attention with this website down deal. I know I have been clicking over there every hour or so.

Treebore

First Post
Personally I don't care what the decision is, as long as it does not involve shutting Paizo's doors.

Castles and Crusades is my rules set of choice, which allows me to use any edition of D&D. So 3E or 4E makes no difference to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads