Paizo News: Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous Hits One Million Copies Sold

Owlcat Games just announced that its CRPG Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous has reached a million copies sold over all of its platforms. Based on the Adventure Path of the same name, Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous is the indirect sequel to Pathfinder: Kingmaker. It launched in September of 2021 as a Kickstarter across a multitude of platforms (PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Nintendo...

Owlcat Games just announced that its CRPG Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous has reached a million copies sold over all of its platforms.

capsule_616x353.jpg

Based on the Adventure Path of the same name, Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous is the indirect sequel to Pathfinder: Kingmaker. It launched in September of 2021 as a Kickstarter across a multitude of platforms (PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch).

To commemorate the milestone, the company announced a special sale on Steam and GOG until January 26, 2023. In addition, the first premium DLC will be available on February 28, 2023 for PC, Playstation 4, and XBox One. The DLC for Nintendo Switch will be available at a later date. This DLC will feature a new companion as well as a new playable class: the ever changing shifter.

Alexander Mishulin, the Creative Director at Owlcat Games states that reaching this milestone is an important sign that the company is developing in the right direction. The company will continue to add more content through premium and free DLCs.

Dawn Dalton

Dawn Dalton

evildmguy

Explorer
Congrats to Owlcat games! I wouldn't mind more PF1 games. I really wanted them to do the three, er four, er, all of the PF1 APs. :LOL: What I really wanted was some of the Runelord APs to see more Varisia. I also think that two of them were written before Mythic rules, as bad as those were, but Owlcat really made those better in WotR, imo.

I enjoyed all of the Bioware DND games but do find it tough to play the 2E games. I really want to but 2E just annoys me that much at this point.

I personally didn't like what I saw of BG3 and didn't buy it. I know I shouldn't judge a game based on a speed run. But. The BG3 speed run for the first chapter was under six minutes. Seems to be lacking in something to me. I think even the full quest version of the speed run is just over two hours. That also seems lacking to me. The DD games didn't manage to pull me into them, sadly.

Unfortunately it looks like Owlcat has abandoned PF for WH40K.
That is unfortunate, but after the degree to which they felt the need to amp everything up in Wrath of the Righteous, I worried a 3rd game in series would jump the shark pretty hard.

I think what I'd really like to see is some more DLC for additional campaigns in the existing games.

Can we not turn every thread into an OGL thread?
Indeed. I personally love having a panoply of threads to rant about the OGL business in, but that doesn't mean I need the subject to chase away every other topic of discussion.

In possibly related news I'm hearing that Pathfinder 2e is starting to explode in sales and is becoming hard to find in some places, for obvious reasons, can anyone confirm this?

Is this going to be Pathfinder 1e vs D&D 4e all over again, but worse because of lawsuits and competing cinematic universes and CRPGs?

BovineofWar

Explorer
Well deserved for Paizo and Owlcat. There were points that got pretty tedious on Act 5, but I enjoyed my 109 h first playthrough. Not everything stuck, but some of the stuff that did was incredible.
I think what I'd really like to see is some more DLC for additional campaigns in the existing games.
For what it's worth, Owlcat has another full season of DLC planned. And WotR is still getting support, the only reason Kingmaker stopped getting updates is because Owlcat lost the rights to the game when they separated from their parent company.

Jiggawatts

Adventurer
I'm pretty sure that was Larian
Its generally considered that Pillars of Eternity kicked off the CRPG renaissance that we see running strong to this day. So the most proper answer is probably Obsidian. However its interesting to note that Dragon Age Origins kind of exists as the sole example between the two spans of time though, after the heyday of BG, IWD, Fallout 1/2, and the like, but before the modern movement with PoE, DOS, Pathfinder, Shadowrun, etc began.

Reynard

Legend
Its generally considered that Pillars of Eternity kicked off the CRPG renaissance that we see running strong to this day. So the most proper answer is probably Obsidian. However its interesting to note that Dragon Age Origins kind of exists as the sole example between the two spans of time though, after the heyday of BG, IWD, Fallout 1/2, and the like, but before the modern movement with PoE, DOS, Pathfinder, Shadowrun, etc began.
I always forget about Pillars because I have never played. I much prefer turn based to RTwP.

Remove ads

Remove ads