• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Paizo no longer publishing Dungeon and Dragon

Crothian

First Post
PallidPatience said:
Not many people on the consumer side will WANT to cooperate to make it work after this. That's like helping the guy who just punched you in the face carry your coffee table outside and put it in his truck. No thanks.

You know, I've been punched it the face and I have to say that was a heck of a lot worse then this. And more people on the consumer side will eventually cooperate. In the end people will because they like D&D and this will just become a historic foot note with old timers saying "Remember when..."

Sholari

First Post
Crothian said:
And more people on the consumer side will eventually cooperate. In the end people will because they like D&D and this will just become a historic foot note with old timers saying "Remember when..."

Sure... just like when T$R was at their pinnacle of turning a deaf ear to their consumer base. Move along... there is nothing to see here. WOTC owns D&D so you should just comply and never question anything that they do. Having an MBA makes you a genius, therefore these people can never make any mistakes. I've worked with enough people in brand management to see a lot of mistakes get made.

Felon

First Post
Crothian said:
You know, I've been punched it the face and I have to say that was a heck of a lot worse then this. And more people on the consumer side will eventually cooperate. In the end people will because they like D&D and this will just become a historic foot note with old timers saying "Remember when..."
So, you're saying time only flows in one direction? Not very insightful. And people generally can't sustain high levels of anger forever? Alst not a revelation.

There's no need to try to toss a bucket of cold water on anyone. Let folks foam and rage for a while and get their angst out of their system.

Crothian

First Post
Felon said:
There's no need to try to toss a bucket of cold water on anyone. Let folks foam and rage for a while and get their angst out of their system.

Well, the only gamers I can toss a bucket of water on aren't the ones that are raging about this. So, it won't be I that is tossing the buckets of water on these people so no need to worry about that.

Crothian

First Post
Sholari said:
Sure... just like when T$R was at their pinnacle of turning a deaf ear to their consumer base. Move along... there is nothing to see here. WOTC owns D&D so you should just comply and never question anything that they do. Having an MBA makes you a genius, therefore these people can never make any mistakes. I've worked with enough people in brand management to see a lot of mistakes get made.

I'm actually not sure what your point is here or how it applies to anything I've said. I never mentioned anything about MBAs or never questioning people or them not making mistakes. :\

Sholari

First Post
Crothian said:
I'm actually not sure what your point is here or how it applies to anything I've said. I never mentioned anything about MBAs or never questioning people or them not making mistakes. :\

Well you seem to assume that we should roll over on this one. That the outcome is inevitable and we should just take it. Just like T$R from yesteryear made some very bad business decisions, the ramifications of this one are going to stick around for a long time. It may not be a big deal to you that they cancelled the two publications, but if it isn't obvious here for some people it was a pretty integral underpinning to their brand loyalty.

Felon

First Post
Sholari said:
Well you seem to assume that we should roll over on this one. That the outcome is inevitable and we should just take it.
See, Crothian is doing that thing where he acts all coy and literal-minded. Someone referred to being punched in the face and I made that metaphor about throwing a bucket of water on folks, and you are responding to Crothian's implication that people should just accept the inevitable. In all cases, Crothian's response mechanism is to act doe-eyed and pretend like he doesn't grasp the concept of metaphors and implications.

In the end, it gets his post count up, and that's really what it's all about. :D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads