• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Paizo re-invents Hexcrawling

Oh, and did anyone mention that we've got Ed Greenwood writing a big article on locations in the Kingmaker region and creating monsters for every volume of Kingmaker? And for Golarion fans, in Pathfinder #33 Stephen Schend takes the first step off our campaign setting's bit map, revealing the realm of Iobaria to the west. (And, going even deeper into world continuity, we've also got an article coming that finally details the crazed realm known as the First World.)

This sir is pure win, total absolute win.

Last edited:

S'mon

Legend
Or ya know do like I have done since 2000 and fix the flaw by making all 2 skill class 4 skill class and be done with it. I really lobbied to have this fixed in pathfinder but didn't happen

I reckon that's what I'd do. I don't think human Fighters having 6 skill ranks/level is going to break the game.

It does not, no more then a barbarian having 6 or 8 does. What I have noticed is more skilled and well balanced group all in all. With the pathfinder skill changes it's even better, no longer are some classes forced to take skills the group might need, ya have stealty fighters or well learned diplomatic ones.

To me, allowing only 2 skills and the tiny list they have anyhow is crippling for no good reason.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
I reckon that's what I'd do. I don't think human Fighters having 6 skill ranks/level is going to break the game.

Prolly not. The idea is generally that more skill points for most classes kind of shoehorns into the rogue's territory (a huge skill point pool is a class feature for the rogue), but if you increase skills across the board, that won't be a problem. And rogues have more than that going for them anyway.

2 SP fighters are kind of like 4 HD wizards, IMO, but less of a danger to character survivability, and more of an "oh, that sucks, I don't get much variety" kind of thing. And then fighters don't get "fireball." :p

coyote6

Adventurer
Yeah, I just bumped everybody up 2 skill points per level in my D&D games. That way, everybody got more skills to do more stuff. I like broadly competent characters.

(I blame Jim Kirk and Batman.)

howandwhy99

Adventurer
Now all Paizo needs to do is make its own retro-clone and it will rule the world..
I bet they know where Diaglo lives. :)

But it may not go over well in the current hobby climate. I think he is a Foundationalist. EDIT: in the philosophical sense.

Last edited:

Reynard

Legend
Supporter
Count me among those who make their very first PF subscription for Kingmaker, primarily because of the words Hexmapping and Sandbox, with Rulership and War coming close behind.

I am an old school style DM who has almost given up on trying to run old school games with 3.x (and forget 4E entirely). I am just about ready to go back to 1E.

BUT... this sounds realy cool. So, Paizo, you got yourself a subscriber and a PFRPG sale. Do this one right and you've got a new customer for life.

Remove ads