• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Paizo wants its monsters back!

James Jacobs

Adventurer
What a great idea, James! :)

So let me get this straight: you are *not* accepting suggestions from non-Pathfinder products, correct? Because the top three monsters that instantly come to my mind would actually be templates from from 3E monster books, and I would *LOVE* to see the whole 'Advanced Bestiary' from GR being converted to PF RPG (the way I see it, well-designed "generic" templates such as, say, 'Fire Creature' or 'Mummified Creature' or 'Pseudonatural Creature' are the best possible tool for GMs to tinker and add variation to monsters).

Correct. I'm only looking for monsters that we've mentioned in our Pathfinder products that don't have stats yet. I'm not interested in soliciting requests for monster conversions from existing 3.5 sources... at least, not in this thread.

Green Ronin's Advanced Bestiary still works pretty well as is for the Pathfinder RPG, in any case; I've used it a couple times for the Council of Thieves Adventure Path already.

Shemeska

Adventurer
Done? I'm not seeing it! Post it or it's not real!!! :p
(Even if it is a cross post)

Alright Captain Wesley-I-Failed-My-Spot-Check, I posted it yesterday on the paizo boards :p

Comprehensive list of planar critters not given stats in TGB:

Sceaduinar (negative energy)
Jyoti (positive energy)
Animate Dreams (ethereal)
D'ziriaks (Shadow)
Fetchlings (Shadow)
Umbral Dragons (Shadow - these may have stats somewhere already)
Crystalline Drakes (Elemental Earth)
Brine Drakes (Elemental Water)
Maridar (Elemental Water)
Thanodaemon (Abaddon - need to also fully distinguish if these are the same creature as charanodaemons from ToH, with thanodaemon just the Golarion specific name for them, or if the thanodaemons are an advanced type, etc)
Purrodaemon (Abaddon)
Wasp-type Formians (Axis)
Elysian Titans (Elysium)
Time elementals (Dimension of Time)

Unique creatures like the Risen (Abyss), the Speakers of the Depths (Maelstrom), the Dragon of Nirvana (Nirvana), the Axiomite Godmind, and similar things that might be gods or equivalently godlike and won't have stats aren't included in the list above, just actual races. Also not including unique beings like Tegresin the Laughing Fiend and others whose nature is intentionally danced around because open questions are fun.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads