• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Paizo's Pathfinder Forums

Uzzy

First Post
The forums over at Paizo are a custom built system, that is meant to integrate with their store. Which is why its a rather different set of forums, compared to any others.

Further, there's only one or two people working on the website for Paizo, and the store takes up most of their time.

Tim Tellean

First Post
I don't find the forum at Paizo all that hard to navigate and I just got there. If I want PF 3 boom forum, want arts and entertainment scroll down and boom forum, don't like a topic I can collapse it no problem.
I think part of the reason for the perceived (wrong in my humble opinion but nonethless) is 2 parts, one 4e and the GSL are out and two the PF Alpha has gone to press for August release.
I pull a ton of good stuff from the forum and have spent hours reading to get caught up on PF 3 stuff.

dmccoy1693

Adventurer
Suggestions for Navigating Paizo's forums from a Paizo forum regular:
  • Along the left side are a series of Down Arrows. Forums that you know you are not interested in, click on the down arrow. It'll turn to a right pointing arrow and that forum will minimumize. Very quickly the 3.5 and 4E forums move up from being way down there to being not that far down.
  • If you prefer to use the "Favorites" section of your browser, make a folder that contains links to your preferred forums.
  • Ask other regulars for their suggestions. These are all I can think of, but I'm sure others have their own ideas.
Hope this helps

bento

Explorer
I post over there, typically on the "Curse of the Crimson Throne" section, as that's what my group is playing currently.

My wish would be to archive some of the sections that no longer have activity, like RPG writer contest that finished six months ago.

Posting about the products is a mixed blessing, when someone takes the time to contribute constructive information. Unfortunately some people use the opportunity to flame about their dislike of a company or marketing campaign.

JQP

First Post
Judging by how extraordinarily civil the Paizo forums were the couple of times I posted there, I think the user-unfriendliness is a feature, not a bug. :)

roguerouge

First Post
Can't say I agree with you. I've had nothing but good experiences there... and I've participated in some of their more impassioned debates.

Jadeite

Hero
I like the Paizo Forums, they are minimalistic and functional. They also load very quickly, unlike, at times, ENworld and, most of times, Gleemax (if it loads at all). One has to get used to it, but I dislike much of the stuff most more modern forums always have to include.

Remove ads