• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Paladin Inspirations

Bront

The man with the probe
I'm supprised someone hasn't droped a link to the world's worst paladin thread that's been hiding around here somewhere.

For a paladin, find your cause, and put it before yourself. You don't have to be a saint, but a crusaider.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
The code that Druss the Legend (David Gemmell) followed:

Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.

Now some will say Druss was no Paladin but... :)

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
No Druss certainly WASN'T a paladin but he'd certainly be an NG barbarian 20/Fighter 10/Frenzied Berserker 10.

And Snaga would be SO epic. ;)

Klaus

First Post
Not in this sense, since Pallas Athena didn't have a special mount, lay on hands and other stuff. She was the original goddess of paladins, though. :)

Tatsukun

Danjin Masutaa
I'm playing a Pally right now, and I play him as more of a fairly strict British Religious-School Teacher than anything else. He works endlessly trying to make the other party members (and many NPC's) work harder, speak correctly, behave properly, etc.

Some things I can remember...

(To the CHA 6 Rogue who was trying to intimidate someone and rolled a 1)
"You'll notice, sir., that the rejoinder of '...and stuff' destroys the meaning of virtually any statement".

(To an imp)
"Peasant of the underworld, flee before those who fear you not!"

I'm sure there have been others, but my memory is shot before my coffee.

-Tatsu

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Nightfall said:
No Druss certainly WASN'T a paladin but he'd certainly be an NG barbarian 20/Fighter 10/Frenzied Berserker 10.

And Snaga would be SO epic. ;)
I saw him as LN, does/did live by a code but yes, not a paladin. ;) It is a good code for a paladin though.

Nightfall

Don't disagree Hand but come on, lawful? Nah. Neutral Good maybe not no way lawful. He might follow the code but doesn't mean its not his own personal interpretation of that code.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Nightfall said:
Don't disagree Hand but come on, lawful? Nah. Neutral Good maybe not no way lawful. He might follow the code but doesn't mean its not his own personal interpretation of that code.
Mmmmm, he does seem to define evil as he comes accross it and deals with it. Okay, I can see it. ;)

Nightfall

Hand,

Yep that's why not only from a mechanics standpoint but from just general knowledge of Druss, he might have a personal code but he always personalizes what he sees as "evil" or "good". It might be simplistic at some level but its not based on "law" or "chaos". It's all about an innate sense, much like an Angel or some other NG celestial would have.

zenld

First Post
not sure whether it works for anyone or not, but one of my all time favorite paladins is Bahzell from david weber's oath of swords.

zen

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads