• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Paladin multiclassing as a cleric

The Sword 88

First Post
So I automatically get religion as a trained skill as a paladin and I want to multiclass cleric so do I just get the shaft on a skill or do I get to pick a different one from the class list?

Mengu

First Post
hong said:
You get the shaft on the skill.
Yup. Unless you have a nice DM, who picks a different skill for you depending on your god, like Diplomacy for Erathis, Healing for Pelor, or History for Ioun.

Green Knight

First Post
Not being a huge fan of getting the shaft, I have since scrapped my plans to play a Paladin/Cleric. A Paladin/Warlord, however, looks to be pretty sweet.

Cadfan

First Post
Paladin/Warlord is probably a better combination anyways.

Honestly, Paladins are part time leaders already, and straight paladin might be a better plan than any multiclassing. Unless you really just wanted the minor action heal.

Insight

Adventurer
If one of my players wanted to multiclass Paladin with Cleric (or vice versa), I wouldn't screw them on the skill, since it's part of the feat. When you take the feat, you're supposed to get a new skill. Why the feat doesn't just let you take a skill from the other class' skill list is beyond me, but I'd let my players choose one if they already have the skill listed for the feat.

Xfer83

First Post
I've been plotting a Paladin/Warlord. With STR as your prime attacking stat it seems like it would work out pretty well, as most warlord attack powers depend on STR to hit. I'm actually planning a half-elf with a dilettante power Righteous Brand, so I get a little cleric in there too. As a primarily STR based paladin, it also makes levels 10-15 a bit nicer when you can take a STR based warlord daily, instead of being stuck with one of the exclusively CHA based level 9 paladin dailys.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads