• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Paladin of the CatLord?

Nifft

Penguin Herder
1) Cleanliness is next to Godliness. Your armor should shine.

2) Never kill where maiming would suffice, never maim where wounding would suffice, never wound where subdual would suffice, never subdue where words would suffice.

3) Distribute praise amongst the worthy. Show affection to those deserving.

4) Practice combat every day ("play-fight").

5) Never attack a sleeping creature.

-- N

PS: Any desire for mild variants of Paladin abilities?

Klaus

First Post
Since the "Cat" is far too stealthy for a heavy-armored paladin, take a look at either the tiger or the lion as felines to emulate.

Tiger:
- Hunts alone
- Stalks prey at night

Lion:
- Hunts in groups (lionesses) or protects family (lion)
- Stalks prey by day.

It has been said that dogs and cats can sense positive/negative energies. Dogs tend to sleep in spots of positive energy, while cats sleep in spots of negative energy. In a D&D sense, dogs protect by defending positive energy, while cats protect by hunting down negative energy.

A cat-paladin would go boldly into the night, with cunning and stealth, to cut down evil where it stands.

Also, hunt down some information on the leaders of the Guardinals (the NG outsiders), the Leonals.

Richards

Legend
I assume your character will wear leather "armor" and have proficiency with the whip? :)

catwoman-versjoner_322363h.jpg

Johnathan

Frostmarrow

First Post
Why would a Catlord paladin be any different from any other paladin? If Kord (CG) can have paladins (whom are still LG) why can't the Catlord? Paladins are LG - or they aren't paladins.

Deities and Demigods tells you which gods can have paladins.

... I do support the notion of having a feline mount though. -Bubastis is a good name. Or what's the name of He-man's cat?

And for the record: -Do as you please and don't mind my outside opinion.

Klaus

First Post
Frostmarrow said:
Why would a Catlord paladin be any different from any other paladin? If Kord (CG) can have paladins (whom are still LG) why can't the Catlord? Paladins are LG - or they aren't paladins.

Deities and Demigods tells you which gods can have paladins.

... I do support the notion of having a feline mount though. -Bubastis is a good name. Or what's the name of He-man's cat?

And for the record: -Do as you please and don't mind my outside opinion.
He-Man's mount is Battle Cat, Skeletor's is Panthor.

In my Masters of the Universe adaptation, Adamok (that's He-Man) is a LG Ex-Barbarian 5/Paladin 10 who rides a Dire Tiger. Thorskel (that's Skeletor) is a NE Lich Sorceror 12/Blackguard 5 who rides a Fiendish Dire Panther (use Dire Lion stats).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads