• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Paladin Orders of Ilmater

Bob_no_Oni

First Post
Greetings folks,

I was looking at the paladin orders for Ilmater and noticed that there is a group that is mainly cleric and monk called the Order of the Golden Maple. I was wondering if anyone had any information on this order. If you do, do you think that a paladin would join this Order in any way? I was looking at doing a Ancients Paladin if so. Thank you for any help.

gyor

Legend
If its mainly monks and clerics, but not exclusively, then sure. Ancients is a bit odd for Ilmater, until 4e Ilmater was LG, but then he shifted to Good, an after effect of temperarily hanging out briefly in Brightwater for a time.

Irennan

Explorer
The FR Wiki has a nice article about Ilmater and his church: http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Church_of_Ilmater#Orders

That said, about the Order of the Golden Maple, I managed to find this:

''The Order of the Golden Maple is a branch of the Ilmatari church that began growing out of the Order of the Lambent Rose in the Year of the Bright Blade (1347 DR). The order shares many of the goals of the Order of the Lambent Rose but focuses almost completely on providing services to armies that are fighting against oppression. The group was first active in the civil war in Tethyr, known as the 10 Days of Eleint, but most of the clerics and monks in the order fell in that war. The survivors fled Tethyr, claiming to have heard Ilmater's call to Damara, to aid in the front against Zhengyi the Witch King. Although relatively few in number, the clerics and monks of the Order of the Golden Maple won fame and praise in the war against Zhengyi and as a result, also a respectable number of followers. In the Year of the Turret (1360 DR), the order began buildings its first and only monastery on the outskirts of Dunfee on the border between Impiltur and Damara. Many members of the order serve as war clerics with the armies of the two countries. The order's symbol is an autumn maple leaf in shades of red, orange and yellow.''

For reference, the Order of the Lambent Rose ''offers service for just causes throughout Faerûn in exchange for various favors. The favor could be anything from simply supplying food and basic medicinal supplies, to building monasteries or even conversion. The order tends to operate in areas with little or no other Ilmatari presence.''

So, basically, the Order of the Golden Maple supports people who are fighting against oppression, and IMO would be very suitable for a paladin of freedom. Your Oath of the Ancient paladin should fit in just fine.

Remove ads