Palladium Announces New TMNT Kickstarter

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles TTRPG is back with new art in a pair of deluxe hardcovers.

TMNT-RPG-Promo.jpg

Palladium Books has announced the return of the official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles roleplaying game. Out of print for decades, the 1985 game is coming back as a pair of full-colour hardcovers featuring new artwork. It will be hitting Kickstarter on October 31st and will also include miniatures, dice, and more. You can sign up to the pre-launch page here.

Westland, MI – October 13, 2023 – Palladium Books and Paramount Consumer Products have joined forces to reissue the ever-popular role-playing game Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles & Other Strangeness.

The beloved, out-of-print Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles role-playing game and its sourcebooks are sought-after collector items that have enthralled generations since its release in 1985 as one of the first licensed TMNT products. They are returning to print as two deluxe hardcover collections of the RPG and sourcebooks. Each is being completely remastered by industry veteran Sean Owen Roberson and presented in full color, and Kevin Eastman, co-creator of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, will also provide a new painted cover.

Bonus material includes an array of new artwork, never before seen behind-the-scenes info and art, plus remembrances and tributes by renowned comic book and RPG creators including Eastman, Peter Laird, Freddie E. Williams II, Steven Cummings, Sophie Campbell, David Petersen and many more.

“This is incredibly exciting! I am 1000% onboard to help bring this historic and original TMNT Role Playing Game series back in a truly deluxe collector’s edition that will thrill original fans and open the door for new ones,” said Eastman. “I've made all my archives available for expanded behind-the-scenes content as well as a few top secret surprises you need to be part of. Stay tuned!”

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles & Other Strangeness Kickstarter

The Kickstarter campaign, launching October 31, 2023,
will offer a host of mind-blowing Kickstarter exclusives: TMNT miniatures based on the role-playing game, dice sets, variant book covers, art prints by legacy TMNT creatives, a card deck, and more, including special stretch goals to entice role-playing fans and TMNT fans alike. All products ship in 2024. To be among the first to hear about the entire exciting slate of releases, creators, exclusives and stretch goals to be unlocked with your support, be sure to go to the Kickstarter page and subscribe for updates.

giant.robot

Adventurer
Wow. This is very surprising. I own original prints of all the TMNT books but on one hand I'm tempted to back this just to get nice PDF copies. On the other hand I'm reminded of Palladium doing PDF releases of their Robotech books only to lose the license again. That I blame mostly on Harmony Gold spit but I do question Palladium's due diligence with their licenses. On the gripping hand it's also a little disappointing TMNT can't get a better rule set than the Palladium system.

Julian Kay

RPG Freelancer
There have been clones and similarly themed RPGs in the years since.

Yeah, I've been doing Mutants in the Now for about two years now as the preeminent homage, and we just put out the first expansion, Mutants in the Next. Given this is a reprint of the 35-year old original with extra art and material, I'm confident MitN is doing something different enough to stand on its own.

As far as I know a Savage Worlds version would be a new agreement, but I can't say for certain.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads