Palladium?

Gundark

Explorer
mcrow said:
And why is it whenever someone brings up Palladium everyone who hates the company shows up and does nothing but ruin the thread? :\

Well i see what you're saying, but if you're discussing company X, part of the discussion is bringing up the negatives about the company. WotC gets it bad here too. I don't think that polite discussion is a bad thing. Although I will admit it doesn't always stay polite :heh: , which is probably what you're getting at

Last edited:

Treebore

First Post
Same attitude as in politics, you dare to criticize anything they are doing wrong you are a "hatemonger" and aren't contributing anything "positive". Your just a "mudslinger"!

Kevin brought a great and rich series of settings with systems, at the time they were introduced, which were way better than 1E or 2E. Like D&D it is time for Paladium to move forward instead of standing in place and stagnating.

Now that I have found that the "Big Eye, Small Mouth" system gives me the RIFTS feel without the system crippled effect I don't care what happens to Palladium. Survival of the fittest fits the business dynamic just as well as it does nature, and Paladium has been "sick" for over 10 years.

If Kevin decides to wake up and starts to move Paladium forward I'll look to see if I think it is a restoration of health, but if it looks like another death spasm in a long drawn out death I'll continue to stay away.

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Treebore said:
Same attitude as in politics, you dare to criticize anything they are doing wrong you are a "hatemonger" and aren't contributing anything "positive". Your just a "mudslinger"!

There is a WORLD of difference between offering opinions on things that a system or company could do better and "Evil never dies." (Not your quote, Treebore, and nothing inappropriate about your post. I'm just using it as a springboard.)

Being nasty and hateful about such things is not what ENWorld is all about. And I think I'd better not see any more such posts in this thread.

Infernal Teddy

Explorer
Hey, just to get the record straight - if D&D 3.x hadn't come along, I'd still be running Rifts & Palladium Fantasy! :)

It's just time we got a system overhaul, that's all.

Felon

First Post
mcrow said:
It's always funny how people who have never met KS and form their opinion of him based on what other say on forums. :confused:

People base their opinions on what they see in Palladium books, which is rubbish rules and techniques of layout and editing that are twenty years out-of-date. Since KS calls all the shots, the blame for anything wrong with Palladium falls on him. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.

I know a few people that have met/worked with Kevin and they all said he is very nice guy.

Yes, lots of people say KS is a nice guy. And it's amazing how many people think being a "nice guy" makes it all OK. I'd rather hear that he's a responsible guy, or open-minded guy, or adaptable guy.

And why is it whenever someone brings up Palladium everyone who hates the company shows up and does nothing but ruin the thread? :\

Voodoo dolls not working maybe? Got get that pent-up aggression out somehow.

Seriously, folks, Palladium's going to be fine. Much ado about nothing.

Last edited:

Treebore

First Post
Seeten said:
Kevin S. is not going to do a system overhaul. He loves his system. Sorry.

Which is the biggest shame of all. He's his own worst enemy. Like I said, I've found BESM for my RIFTS (and Mecha) type of fix, so Paladiums plight is not longer so important to me.

Just sad that so much originality is just stagnating.

Seeten

First Post
Kevin Siembieda's opinion is that the world and the supplements are creative, and a system is irrelevant, when you have a good GM.

And he is sort of right.

Its just that I'll take creativity WITH a good rule system instead, every time.

He actually has done several things in the last 3 years to work on perceived shortcomings, buffed some spells, buffed magic ranges to be equal to gun ranges, buffed some OCC's, but he doesn't want to come to grips that his system, great in the 80's, needs a total rethink, ground up.

It just won't happen, which is sad.

Crothian

First Post
Felon said:
Yes, lots of people say KS is a nice guy. And it's amazing how many people think being a "nice guy" makes it all OK. I'd rather hear that he's a responsible guy, or open-minded guy, or adaptable guy.

He is a nice guy. And while people here might critize him, he has even after years of his actions, a very solid and loyal fan base. So, it is okay that he is a nice guy. He is still very loyal to his fans. I can understand his attitudes toward mudslingers, it has gotten bad over the years and I would be feed up with it too.

Remove ads