D&D 5E PAM Royal Rumble, Which reigns supreme?

laughinggas

First Post
So I was really interested in making a Hexblade PAM character and I was curious what were the strengths and weaknesses or maybe more appropriate the advantages and disadvantages of the different PAM builds.

I want to base any final build no higher than lvl 14.

Hexblade seems to do the most static damage per hit by lvl 12 with Improved Pact Weapon, Lifedrinker, and GWM. It also gets advantage to hit, disadvantage to be hit due to shadow of moil. It also could potentially NOVA with eldritch smite if it crits.

Fighter gets 3 attacks, action surge. Depending on path, they get other bonuses such as spells, maneuvers, or expanded crit range.

Paladin gets spells, best defenses vs STs, best support for a group with limited healing and his aura. He also has Nova damage with smiting.

Barbarian has the most HP, advantage at will, second highest static damage per hit while raging, resistance to non-magical or all (except psychic) damage depending on path chosen.

Do they all do the job of soft control and damage dealing equally well? If one is better than the others what makes it so?

Also, a question on M/Cing a hexblade, what would be the best class for a 2 level dip (at Lvl 14 this keeps access to Life Drinker). Paladin 2 gains a fighting style, a separate smite mechanic, and a few extra spells slots. A fighter would get you a fighting style and Action surge.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of each?

Remove ads