Pappy Has Been Hit

Klirshon

First Post
I am uncertain if I am permitted to post links yet. For those interested in the Old Rip Van Winkle brand bourbons, this year will have a shortage due to a heist that took 65 cases of 20-year-old Pappy Van Winkle {and 13-year-old Pappy Van Winkle Rye}.

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Re: Pappy has been hit

I am uncertain if I am permitted to post links yet.
You should be able to, now: you are listed as having made 20 posts, and it only takes 10 to turn on the ability to post links.
For those interested in the Old Rip Van Winkle brand bourbons, this year will have a shortage due to a heist that took 65 cases of 20-year-old Pappy Van Winkle {and 13-year-old Pappy Van Winkle Rye}.
The Courier-Journal says it looks like an inside job. Here's a quote from that article, for those who don't want to click the link:
"Oct. 17, 2013"
"Some of the most sought-after Kentucky bourbon in the nation is now the subject of a whodunnit."
"Roughly 65 cases of 20-year-old Pappy Van Winkle bourbon were stolen in what looks to be an inside job from a secure area at Buffalo Trace Distillery’s Frankfort facility, according to Franklin County Sheriff Pat Melton."

Last edited:

Remove ads