• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Paradigm] Psionics of Arcanis

kenobi65

First Post
PCIHenry said:
It would be unrealistic to expect anyone to HAVE to use the new Psionics rules at either Origins or Gen Con, so I believe you must have your character converted by end of September or October. You may wish to join our free Yahoo Group (LA_Talk) where all official announcements are posted.

Cool. I'm already on LA_Talk. :)

PCIHenry said:
Well that depends on your PC and what you want him/her to be or do. As you know, Living Arcanis has some VERY lenient rebuild rules. You may want to look over all the new options available to you first. We have crafted a new PClass for each and every Val family, plus extra ones as well. There are new powers and feats also, so there should be something for everyone.

That helps. My PC is a val'Ishi, and was originally a cleric of Beltine (I rebuilt him last year to be a psion/cleric, so I'd have a little more offensive firepower). I'd read in the earlier annoucement on LA_Talk about the val'Ishi PrC being a healer-type, which does intrigue me.

I'll definitely be picking it up at Origins.

Mike Mistele
aka Sirinus Palantius val'Ishi, servant of Beltine

Fedifensor

Explorer
Here's the full list of PCI products announced for Origins:

Now that certain books are at the printers, I feel comfortable releasing
some info.

We should have the following new books ready for sale at Origins (and
obviously Gen Con):

1. Psionics Unbound - which we have discussed already.

2. Codex Arcanis Limited Edition: The Codex has long been out of print and with new players coming aboard every year, the demand to reprint it has been high. So we're doing a limited edition hard back version of the Codex. What's in it? The same as the original Codex plus: the very best art from our entire line has been used (where applicable), the text has been completely re-edited, and the original game mechanics section in the back has been updated to the most current rules. All in all, it weighs in at 256 pages and we've set the price lower than most books of that size: $35.00

3. Year One: The Year of Ill-Harvest - The original 6 Hard points, plus two
extra soft points (Bargains of Spirit and Flesh -the intro of Elebac and I
Know Thee Brother), plus a special surprise at the end. Chris Sanders has added
some "connecting" material to make the adventures flow easier as well as
polishing up my original writing. And yes, it completely LA playable with certs
and all.

4. Witch Hunter: The Invisible World - our new campaign using brand new easy
to play rules that is not d20. Get in from the ground floor on this exciting
new line combining swashbuckling adventure and horror set in an alternate
history colonial America. 256 page Hard back $39.99

5. Witch Hunter Grand Master Screen and Adventure: The Grand Master must
have a place to hide his diabolical schemes as well as a place to roll dice and
here it is. A beautiful, full color 3 panel screen showcasing the art of Pat
Loboyko (the artist who illustrated Canceri) plus a full advneture for Witch
Hunter by Living Death great Rucht Lilivivat. $15.00

We also have a Spycraft book called Combat Missions, but due to a small
production glitch that probably won't be available until Gen Con.

There you have it: Our Summer Show offerings from PCI.

Thanks and as always, we appreciate you support!

Best,

Henry Lopez
President
PCI
_www.paradigmconcepts.com_ (http://www.paradigmconcepts.com/)

Henry later announced that the Year 1 book would be around 128 pages and 20-something dollars. As for Psionics Unbound...

"Psionics is a 256 page Hard back B&W interior. The price is the usual for a book of that size and production: $39.99."

Finally: "Oh, I forgot to mention that the Limited Edition Codex also includes a Timeline of events (compiled by the estimable Jeffrey Witthauer) from 1024 through Year 4. So for all those people who wondered what year the Battle of the Four Armies took place (like me!) or when a certain event took place, its here for you.

PCIHenry

Explorer
Hello Daniel,

HalWhitewyrm said:
Henry, will the LE Codex be available via distro or only at the cons?

We anticipate having a "finite" quantity of Limited Edition Codex Arcanis available through distributors. We are carried by all major distributors in the US, Canada, Europe and Australia.

My greatest concern is that with the unprecendented number of Arcaniacs converging upon Origins, that we may be faced with a smaller number of copies available through the chain. Now that doesn't mean that we'll have to short anyone, I fully anticipate fulfilling orders for the first couple of months. However, after that is where the "cards become hazy". So if you would like one, snap them up as soon as you see one.

Best,

Henry Lopez
President
PCI

HalWhitewyrm

First Post
Thanks. I'll be at Gen Con, so hopefully I'll be able to pick one up there. My poor copy of the original Codex has been through a lot and it will be nice to have a newer, prettier version to go alongside it and the Player's Guide.

Later.

Paradigm

First Post
HalWhitewyrm said:
Thanks. I'll be at Gen Con, so hopefully I'll be able to pick one up there. My poor copy of the original Codex has been through a lot and it will be nice to have a newer, prettier version to go alongside it and the Player's Guide.

Later.

Not to sound our own horn too loudly, but the new Codex Arcanis will kick ass. Admittedly it is still the Codex Arcanis (which already kicked ass), but it looks great and is hardbound.

Last edited:

Drew Baker

First Post
Thanks, I'm glad you like it. Converting the image from the Adobe RGB colorspace it was painted in to the generic SRGB web browsers use will keep the colors from becoming muted:

drewbaker-psionicscover.jpg

--Drew

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads