• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Paragon campaign Eberron

styker

First Post
Im about to restart my campaign in the paragon level. On the heroic tier the pcs fought against a terrorist with a aberrant mark, they explored a little the border of droaam but the focus was saving Sharn and Breland.
Im thinking to travel with them so they can know other places of Eberron, but at the same time id like to use a war between Droaam and Breland to use the daugthers os Sora Kell as antagonists. The PRINCIPAL plot of the campaign is about the Daelkyr Belashryra trying to free himself and return to surface with the other Daelkyrs (he was behind the terrorist and im trying to think how a war between Droaam and Breland could be useful to him). Ideas? Side effects of a war?

ValhallaGH

Explorer
A few guidelines that I've found very helpful.
Know your badguy.
Know his (her, its, whatever) goal(s).
How can he achieve those goals?
How far along is he?
How can the PCs mess him up?
How will they find out about it?
What happens if they don't act?

Daelkyr. Wants to be free. How can he get free? If the artifact holding his binding is destroyed. But he can't attack the artifact directly, or even indirectly, because it can't be intentionally destroyed (and it's so tough that you need an intentional and high level of force to take it out).
Wars are destructive. Who's near the artifact? Droaam and Breland. So, get Droaam and Breland to go to war, ensure that one of the campaigns will go through the artifact's area, and then use agents to engineer a major battle between the sides at that location.
The PCs have several options. 1) stop the war entirely. 2) keep campaigns out of that region (intentionally or accidentally). 3) kill the agents to prevent a battle from happening in the region. 4) make the campaign so wildly successful that no battle is fought in the region. 5) something I haven't thought of.

Good Luck.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads