• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Paragon Path: Blade of the Sacred Oils

Appleseeth

First Post
So I just made this paragon path up from an old prestige class I made of the same name, which was based on the Warrior of Darkness from the Book of Vile Darkness, but not evil. Anyway, now I have this 4e version ready for critique, so let me know what you think.

Blade of the Sacred Oils

A wonderful compound, this will do quite nicely
Prerequisites: defender role, trained in Arcana
You have toiled for hours and days, working on secret formulas and studying ancient arcane textbooks, all to improve your skill in hand-to-hand combat. You are resourceful, both in and out of combat, having the arcane skill to back up your spell casting allies, as well as unleash magical fury on your enemies.
Blade of the Sacred Oils Path Features

Alchemical Action (11th level): When you spend an action point to take an extra action, adjacent enemies take acid damage equal to your Intelligence modifier.
Oil of the Great Wheel (11th level): You gain a +1 inherent bonus to AC, Fortitude and Will.
Elixir of the Weave (16th level): You gain a +1 bonus to saves against ongoing effects and damage.
Blade of the Sacred Oils Path Powers

These powers share the same power source as that provided by the class that qualified you to enter this paragon path.
Acidic Streak Blade of the Sacred Oils Attack 11
One swipe of your weapon sends burning acid out in a spray, covering everything in its path.
Encounter • Weapon, Acid
Standard Action Melee weapon
Primary Target: One creature
Primary Attack: Strength vs. AC
Hit: 1[W] + Strength modifier acid damage.
Secondary Target: Close blast 2, must include target of primary attack, all creatures in blast
Secondary Attack: Intelligence vs. Reflex
Hit: Ongoing 5 acid damage (save ends).

Alchemical Fires Blade of the Sacred Oils Utility 12
You break open a small vial over your weapon, sheathing it in fire to burn your enemies.

Encounter • Weapon, Acid or Fire
Minor Action Personal
Effect: Choose acid or fire. Until the end of your next turn, all attacks you make with a weapon you are wielding when you activate this power gain the chosen keyword. In addition, add your Intelligence modifier to the damage dealt with those attacks.

Zosimos’ Fires Blade of the Sacred Oils Attack 20
As you swing your weapon, you drop a capsule of fire upon your enemy, engulfing them and the area behind them in alchemical fires.
Daily • Weapon, Fire, Zone
Standard Action Melee weapon
Target: One creature
Attack: Strength vs. AC
Hit: 3[W] + Strength modifier fire damage.
Effect: You create a 3 by 3 zone of fire on and near the target that lasts until the end of the encounter. Creatures that enter the zone or start their turns there take 1d10 + Intelligence modifier fire damage, and ongoing 10 fire damage.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads