• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Paragon Path Powers+Class Powers?

Moon-Lancer

First Post
Do Paragon Paths give you extra powers that add to your total usable powers per a day, or do they give access to powers you can replace with the powers you already have?

Merroth

First Post
Zurai said:
They're extra. Same with the Epic Destiny power.

I'm not sure if they are extra, becouse on page 29 in PHB you get 1 extra "slot" for a power when you gain it from a paragon path.

E.g.: at lvl11 you gain 1 paragon path encounter power, and your known encounter powers increase from 3 to 4 so I think the paragon powers are calculated in the total powers known.

You can take a look at DMG 143 - Powers by Classlevel. If you look it that way, its an "extra" but its not changeable like the other "slots" you have.

Last edited:

Xect

Explorer
Merroth said:
I'm not sure if they are extra, becouse on page 29 in PHB you get 1 extra "slot" for a power when you gain it from a paragon path.

E.g.: at lvl11 you gain 1 paragon path encounter power, and your known encounter powers increase from 3 to 4 so I think the paragon powers are calculated in the total powers known.

You can take a look at DMG 143 - Powers by Classlevel. If you look it that way, its an "extra" but its not changeable like the other "slots" you have.

It is extra, but its included in the 4 listed on the PHB table.

But it's not interchangable, no.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads