• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Paragon Path: Zealous Demagogue

MortalPlague

Adventurer
Our Tuesday game has me playing a 13th level Cleric of Sehanine, a regal, vaguely sinster politician / high priest by the name of Pohtep. For his paragon path, I picked 'Zealous Demagogue' purely for the flavor. But so far, it's been an absolute joy to play.

I wanted to create a thread to call attention to the way this paragon path blends flavor with function. The first power you gain is called 'Fanatic's Charge'. The cleric chooses an ally, and they must charge a target of the cleric's choice. A simple charge power, yet the wording is so sublime. I've used it to great effect, playing up how Pohtep commands the barbarian to charge through sheer force of personality.

The utility at 12th is similarly excellent; the cleric commands an ally to get in the way of a melee attack. The way it's all worded, the ally has no choice in the matter. It's little touches like these that are really bringing this paragon path to life for me.

Our campaign will likely wrap before we reach 16th level, so I won't get a chance to play with the higher end stuff from this path. But the features I've got so far have given me ample opportunity to play up Pohtep's force of personality, which has in turn created some great party RP. So thank you, Wizards, for putting together an awesome paragon path.

Arctic Wolf

First Post
Our Tuesday game has me playing a 13th level Cleric of Sehanine, a regal, vaguely sinster politician / high priest by the name of Pohtep. For his paragon path, I picked 'Zealous Demagogue' purely for the flavor. But so far, it's been an absolute joy to play.

I wanted to create a thread to call attention to the way this paragon path blends flavor with function. The first power you gain is called 'Fanatic's Charge'. The cleric chooses an ally, and they must charge a target of the cleric's choice. A simple charge power, yet the wording is so sublime. I've used it to great effect, playing up how Pohtep commands the barbarian to charge through sheer force of personality.

The utility at 12th is similarly excellent; the cleric commands an ally to get in the way of a melee attack. The way it's all worded, the ally has no choice in the matter. It's little touches like these that are really bringing this paragon path to life for me.

Our campaign will likely wrap before we reach 16th level, so I won't get a chance to play with the higher end stuff from this path. But the features I've got so far have given me ample opportunity to play up Pohtep's force of personality, which has in turn created some great party RP. So thank you, Wizards, for putting together an awesome paragon path.

Sounds fun but where is this PP located by chance?

MortalPlague

Adventurer
Yes, it's from Dragon. I'd forgotten that; the way the builder works, it's easy to miss the source of any given item.

Regardless, it's been great fun to play.

Remove ads