• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Paragon Template Level Progression

Xeoble

First Post
I made a 15 level progression for the paragon template. This is the first time i've ever tried doing something like this so please give me comments and corrections

Thanks

Attachments

• paragon.doc
    74.5 KB · Views: 320

Mordane76

First Post
I'm interested in seeing what other ENWorlders think about this level progression. Xeoble asked about what people thought the ECL of this template would be a while back, and the consensus fell around +15.

My concerns about the template (which I've already shared with Xeoble through another medium) are the AC, BAB, and Damage progressions, which are incredibly high. I think the most of the other things are fairly spread out. What do others feel about this progression?

Last edited:

las

First Post
usly such a level thing is done with real monsters not templates (now monsters with templates on the other hand are still monsters) so at least you founf how much of a ecl bust that lovelt template gives thank you for that.

BelgarathTAO

First Post
Rather than just tack on an arbirary +15 ECL, I would be more inclined to give a ECL of +3 for each level of Paragon taken. This is just off the top of my head, and could probably use some adjustment, but it could work.

Belgarath the Ancient One

Xeoble

First Post
125 Views and 42 downloads, not bad, not bad.

Anybody else have anything to say? I'd really like to get some commentary on this.

Last edited:

Cheiromancer

Adventurer
I think there is an error in Hit Point Regression. What you mean to say, I think, is

Hit Point Regression: When the paragon creature reaches 15th level, each of its rolled hit dice changes to the maximum die roll and it gains the remaining +12 per hit die (If it had 20 fighter levels before the paragon progression with a constitution modifier of +0, its hit points would become 20*10+20*12 = 440 HP

Or have I misunderstood something?

From your example I take it that this class might be taken by epic characters?

If so, I think it gets bonuses to attack way faster than an epic fighter would (+1 or even +2 per level, instead of +1/2 levels); saves go up faster (+1/level instead of +1/2 levels)- faster, even, since I am not counting the ability increases; there is a synergy between the rising ability scores and the comp bonuses to skills that makes the lack of skill points almost irrelevant; ability score increases would normally cost 6 feats per level.

If you spread out these benefits over 30 levels, then it would be halfway reasonable. As it is, - no way.

Xeoble

First Post
Thank you, Cheiromancer, i did the math for the hit points incorectly, i multiplied by 10 instead of 20.

Correlations between ECL and CR are hard to do, i asked on the D&D rules forum and they said that Paragon should be an ECL +15, so that's what i started with. I think 30 levels is a bit excessive, but 20 might be better than 15 if the feeling is that the power is way off.

Keep the comments flowing!

ruleslawyer

I think it looks good, but I'd avoid the +1 caster level progression, since I don't understand how it fits the template. Otherwise, I'm pretty fine with this.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads