Parting Gifts: Ch 1 - Dusk - IC

Voidrazor

First Post
Haessellekh ponders for a moment. "If all goes well, just under three weeks. But just restraining it once it gets hungry again could result in it breaking free. We'll have to get a bit creative to give it the communicative abilities to voluntarily allow itself to be enchanted. But working together, we should be able to do it."

Shayuri

First Post
Grandfather thumps his staff impatiently.

"I don't mean to enchant it, my boy," he says irritably. "I mean to kill it. Normally this thing's vitality would be far too much for me to overcome. But if your power can make it accept the spell...well then, ashes to ashes. Right here. Right now."

Jemal

Adventurer
"Forgive my limited knowledge in the area, but would it even understand you if you told it to accept his spell? The thing seems like a mindless eating machine!" Kurina gasps and holds at her acid-burnt side as the air shifts her beside her companions.
"On the other hand, if we tried to kill it now and fail, we may anger it, and allow it to break free of whatever enchantment you have it under. Perhaps there is another way..."
As she ponders, Kurina closes her eyes and focuses on the healing powers of nature. The wind seems to pick up and a flower blossoms nearby as some of her wounds are healed.

OOC: Kurina had 53 acid damage, I cast Cure moderate for 19 healing.
so Current HP=89/123
(I assume we're out of initiative for now? Otherwise she can't do tha till next round, as the Shifting is a standard action Dimension door)

Last edited:

Brother Allard

First Post
Yolo turns to Kurina and clucks his tongue as though noticing her burns for the first time. He draws an ivory wand from his haversack and gently taps her side.

Casts Cure Serious from wand for 32 pts.

Jemal

Adventurer
"Thank you, I think I shall be allright." Kurina smiles graciously at Yolo, then looks back up at the beast. "So what ARE we going to do with him?

Voidrazor

First Post
Shayuri said:
Grandfather thumps his staff impatiently.

"I don't mean to enchant it, my boy," he says irritably. "I mean to kill it. Normally this thing's vitality would be far too much for me to overcome. But if your power can make it accept the spell...well then, ashes to ashes. Right here. Right now."
Haessellekh looks down at herself, then regards Grandfather, her expression a mixture of sourness and pity. "I will be more clear. If we attempted some sort of death magic, the most likely result would be to free it to ravage the countryside again. What we will most likely have to do is create an item to render the creature sentient, contact it telepathically, transmogrify it into, say, a bunny, then kill it."

Shayuri

First Post
(oops...lol...sorry about the gender confusion. Lost track of who was what :))

Grandfather hmphs, then taps a finger against his staff.

"Alright then...suppose we go to a place where a great cliff overlooks the deep sea. We create the illusion that the ground goes farther than it really does...then you tell the Tarrasque to go plodding to the edge. We can even put a false horse there or something, so it wants to eat it."

"The tarrasque goes over the edge, into the sea. As strong as it is, it's built too heavily to be much of a swimmer if you ask me. With that heavy skin and great shell...I bet it'll sink like a stone. And I don't see any gills on it. No amount of healing will keep an airbreather alive underwater."

Ivellious

First Post
Zach looks from Grandfather and Haessellekh as they argue about what to do with the creature, and sighs slightly. "How long can you keep it under your influnce Haessellekh? That might limit our options some." He asks as he looks at her

Jemal

Adventurer
Kurina Humphs. "We could always send it back where it came from, see how they like it."

She looks herself over, noting that most of her wounds are closed, though her clothing is somewhat the worse for the wear.

*2 damage left*

Remove ads