• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Path of the Magi

Kazzigum

First Post
Hey All,
Just wanted to let everyone know that Path of the Magi by Troll Lords is finally hitting the shelves. This book, originally by Citizen Games, is written as a companion book to Way of the Witch. We're really proud of it, and I can't wait to hear what you all think. Sean especially created some cool for the book; though all the guys did a hellva job (even me, I hope).

Best regards,

Kazzigum
(W. Jason Peck)

<For those who noticed, sorry about posting this in the wrong place originally.>

Kazzigum

First Post
Actually, Troll Lords has more info on Path of the Magi on their website (www.trolllord.com), including a blurb on contents, a picture of the cover, and a sampling of one of the chapters. Nevertheless, here goes: lots of history and background info on the Universidae de Magus and its Magi, info on the school and its political structure, classes, traditions, two adventures, optional rules, and lots and lots of crunchy bits (i.e. new spells, prestige classes, feats, equipment (alchemical and otherwise), herbal brews, alchemical substances, magic items, etc.). And a lot more too.

thomden

First Post
cool

Congrats, I'm glad you got a publisher for it. You do excellent work and hopefully more people will get exposed to it now!

Kazzigum

First Post
Tom,
Thanks, I appreciate the kind words. I'm doing what I can. The guys at Troll Lords have been great, and hopefully this will be only the start of great things to come. I'm extremely proud to have been associated to these two companion books. Let's hope the fans like it as much as I do.

Regards,

Ace

Adventurer
Kazzigum said:
Tom,
Thanks, I appreciate the kind words. I'm doing what I can. The guys at Troll Lords have been great, and hopefully this will be only the start of great things to come. I'm extremely proud to have been associated to these two companion books. Let's hope the fans like it as much as I do.

Regards,

Cool. I will look for this one

I picked up Way of the Witch and thought it was one of the most flavorfull of all of the D20 books out there. I have my gripes but it was still a very good book

thomden

First Post
Wow

Ace said:
Cool. I will look for this one

I picked up Way of the Witch and thought it was one of the most flavorfull of all of the D20 books out there. I have my gripes but it was still a very good book

In defense of Way of the Witch I have to say it is incredibly well written. One of the things about it is it was entirely written by women, and has a definitely different take on the witch concept than most of us guys would have taken on it. There may be a tad too much of the 'blessed be' feel to it, but it is a refreshing take on a subject that has been all too cliche'.

It has some of my favorite illustrations I've done, but I regret having talked the Citizen Games crew into having me illustrate it (I REALLY wanted to illustrate that book). It should have been illustrated by a woman.

If you see this book, buy it! It will not be reprinted.

Christina

First Post
Hey, gang, I've been looking forward to the companion book to Way of the Witch, too. I've just learned from Troll Lord that I wasn't credited for my editing in it, however, so that royally sucks. As this is my second uncredited book within a short time period, it appears that I'm quickly becoming the editor nobody wants to admit they've hired. :(

Anyway, glad it's out. The guys did a good job on it.

Christina Stiles
Anti-editor

Ace

Adventurer
tldenmark said:
In defense of Way of the Witch I have to say it is incredibly well written. One of the things about it is it was entirely written by women, and has a definitely different take on the witch concept than most of us guys would have taken on it. There may be a tad too much of the 'blessed be' feel to it, but it is a refreshing take on a subject that has been all too cliche'.

It has some of my favorite illustrations I've done, but I regret having talked the Citizen Games crew into having me illustrate it (I REALLY wanted to illustrate that book). It should have been illustrated by a woman.

If you see this book, buy it! It will not be reprinted.

I own it and love it actually

Remove ads