• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder #14

Mr Baron

First Post
This is why I am a big fan of Paizo! They get the whole the whole total customer experience (TCE) thing.

And the make great products!

Erik Mona

Adventurer
Thanks, Baron!

We're always interested in hearing what people have to say about the new volumes of Pathfinder, and we know it's a bummer when the mail lets a reader down. Sometimes the warehouse guys take a few days to get us the new volumes after they come in, and it drives us nuts!

--Erik Mona
Publisher
Paizo Publishing

exile

First Post
I just heard that my copy of PF14 has arrived at my F(not so)LGS and will ship to me as soon as a few more items roll in this Wednesday. Thanks everyone.

Chad

roguerouge

First Post
Eric is correct. That is exactly what happened. Paizo was very dismayed, because it was two billings close to each other.. something they want to avoid at all costs, and also something people get upset about.

Unfortunately, it was out of their control. US Customs could not be denied, or be made to hurry up.

Actually, it was completely in their control. They chose to do business in China, rather than use a US printer. Difficulties with customs now and again are one possible cost that must be anticipated when you make the decision to go global. Paizo is not a helpless victim here.

ShinHakkaider

Adventurer
That's true. We could have decided to charge $30 for Pathfinder, in which case we wouldn't have problems with customs.

--Erik

In which case the same people who are complaining about the delay in shipping would be complaining about the price.

I'm fine with the delay by the way and also the price so youre doing something right , in my eyes anyway. Keep up the good work.

roguerouge

First Post
In which case the same people who are complaining about the delay in shipping would be complaining about the price.

Speak for yourself. I'm no hypocrite; I vote with my wallet. (And I'm a union man.) I'm a Paizo subscriber, but only because it also means supporting American writers and their progressive game modules.

And, before you even bring it up, I don't buy WotC's minis either.

roguerouge

First Post
That's true. We could have decided to charge $30 for Pathfinder, in which case we wouldn't have problems with customs.

--Erik

Tell you what, EriK. Why don't you give your customers the option to buy American at that price or buy Chinese at your usual prices? Let's see if your cynicism about your customers is justified.

Last edited:

13garth13

First Post
Tell you what, Eric. Why don't you give your customers the option to buy American at that price or buy Chinese at your usual prices? Let's see if your cynicism about your customers is justified.

Dude, first, I'm a Canuck, so all this "buy American" stuff is just pointless jingoistic chest-thumping to me, and comes dangerously close to the no politics rule... ...I don't care if it's written by South Pacific cargo cults, it's just darned good stuff ;)

Second, as a husband and father of two, I have to justify darn near every gaming purchase, and I'm here to tell you that my wife quirks her eyebrow at the Paizo portion of the credit card bill almost every month (knowing exactly what a slim little package a Pathfinder module is).....if it was $30 I would have to drop it like it was made of plutonium rat faeces....

You can call that cynicism if you want, mate, but from where I'm sitting, that's just realism......

Cheers,
Colin

P.S. I wonder if Erik ever gets tired of people mispelling his name? ;-)

Last edited:

ShinHakkaider

Adventurer
Dude, first, I'm a Canuck, so all this "buy American" stuff is just pointless jingoistic chest-thumping to me, and comes dangerously close to the no politics rule... ...I don't care if it's written by South Pacific cargo cults, it's just darned good stuff ;)

Second, as a husband and father of two, I have to justify darn near every gaming purchase, and I'm here to tell you that my wife quirks her eyebrow at the Paizo portion of the credit card bill almost every month (knowing exactly what a slim little package a Pathfinder module is).....if it was $30 I would have to drop it like it was made of plutonium rat faeces....

You can call that cynicism if you want, mate, but from where I'm sitting, that's just realism......

Cheers,
Colin

What he said. Also there were enough people both here and on Paizo's board complaining about the price of these books at the beginning. If these books were $30/month ALOT of people (me included) would not have subscribed
to Pathfinder to begin with. So while Roguerogue and a few others would have probably still been on board, Paizo would have probably gone under. I'm pretty sure that Erik and Lisa took all of this into account when they started and since it's their business and a free market economy...

Yay Patriotism!!

Remove ads