Pathfinder 2 Character Sheet #1: Fumbus, Goblin Alchemist

If you've been following along with the Pathfinder 2nd Edition playtest news, you're in for a treat over the coming days. Paizo has very kindly sent me the character sheets of all six of the playtest characters, and I'll be sharing them with you one at a time over the next week or so! We'll start today with Fumbus the goblin alchemist.

If you've been following along with the Pathfinder 2nd Edition playtest news, you're in for a treat over the coming days. Paizo has very kindly sent me the character sheets of all six of the playtest characters, and I'll be sharing them with you one at a time over the next week or so! We'll start today with Fumbus the goblin alchemist.

But first, before we delve into the first character, here's a quick word from Paizo's Mark Seifter:

"Since the announcement of the Pathfinder Playtest, we here at Paizo have been running demos of the game at select shows, using six of our iconic characters to showcase the new rules of the game. By now, countless spoilers have been uncovered from these characters, but we are pretty sure there are a few surprises left to be uncovered. Well, get ready to dig in, because for the first time ever we are going to show off the sheets for all six of these characters.

We have all your favorite familiar iconics, Kyra the cleric, Valeros the fighter, Merisiel the rogue, Ezren the wizard, Seelah the paladin, and of course, Fumbus the goblin alchemist… hang on there, Fumbus is actually brand new to the Pathfinder Playtest! Each of the characters comes with a new sketch by Wayne Reynolds and enough information to play the character in a demo. I should note that these sheets are early drafts and while a few things have changed, the rules are mostly correct, even if the layout and look of the sheets is nothing like what you can expect to find when the game launches on August 2nd. Finally, these sheets reference a lot of the rules we have already previewed in our blogs over at Paizo.com (which you can also find summarized right here on ENWorld), so if you are confused on some of the topics, hop on over and catch up on all the news."

And now... on with the show! First up is Fumbus, the goblin alchemist.

"As an alchemist, Fumbus is all about making and throwing bombs, though he can do relatively decent damage with his dogslicer when he catches the target flat-footed to take advantage of the backstabber trait, especially against foes like zombies weak against slashing. He’s chosen both of the bombs that deal persistent damage, which between the fire and the acid can stack up to quite the damage over time, particularly on a critical hit, which he’s fairly likely to achieve targeting touch. What is most interesting is that he can make a few extra alchemical items during the game, usually on-the-fly in the middle of a fight. This gives him the flexibility to be the star of nearly any encounter."

Screen Shot 2018-07-12 at 10.48.42.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-12 at 10.48.51.png

Stay tuned, as tomorrow it's the turn of Kyra, the human cleric! And right at the end, I'll give you a handy PDF of all six, so don't worry about trying to turn these images into a PDF. I'll do it for you!

Thank you so much to Paizo for sending these along. You can read about my short playtest of the game here.
[FONT=&amp]Save[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Save[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Save[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Save[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Save[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Save[/FONT]

Henry

Autoexreginated
This mechanic seems less clunky to me than having to track the charges on every individual item separately (though I do wish they would remove magic item charges entirely if they're going this route instead of keeping them on a few items). The flavor change is a wash for me, though I can certainly see why some don't care for it.

My thoughts, also; because they're keeping the concept of item charges and X/day on some things, it still doesn't solve what it set out to solve, which I think is going to be the biggest grievance. Out of any of the playtest rules, resonance is the one which, if I were a betting man, I would say will not survive unscathed.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
My thoughts, also; because they're keeping the concept of item charges and X/day on some things, it still doesn't solve what it set out to solve, which I think is going to be the biggest grievance. Out of any of the playtest rules, resonance is the one which, if I were a betting man, I would say will not survive unscathed.

I agree. I'm hoping that item charges is the thing to give, but I'm expecting the opposite will be the case.

Henry

Autoexreginated
I agree. I'm hoping that item charges is the thing to give, but I'm expecting the opposite will be the case.

Me, too - I like the core idea of resonance, but barring seeing it in play, I think it needs some tweaking, just not for
The reasons that most of its detractors use about consumables and healing. I played back in the days of 1st Edition when the on,y healing was what the Cleric brought with him, so I’m fine with sucking it up and managing my resonance like a good little adventurer. ;)
I’d rather see something else - maybe a 1 in 10 roll that the wand’s magic is consumed, checked after each successful wand use? Something to keep from having to track charges, and having (roughly) 10 charges in a wand sounds like that’s kind of where they wanted to go with this thing?

Remove ads

Remove ads