• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder Advantage

JoeGKushner

First Post
Maybe I'm stupid but I don't see it as Paizo "giving back". I mean, the discount is good for ordering from Paizo itself right? That's still cash in their pocket.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
James Jacobs said:
One other note: We do watch the threads and reader responses; if an adventure doesn't work for you or it sucks, I only ask that you tell my why it sucks. Reader feedback's one of the best ways to make a product better, after all! :)
Please bring back regular subscription services for those that don't have/can't use credit cards.

James Jacobs

Adventurer
JoeGKushner said:
Maybe I'm stupid but I don't see it as Paizo "giving back". I mean, the discount is good for ordering from Paizo itself right? That's still cash in their pocket.

The discount is indeed a marketing move to drive traffic at Paizo, no doubt. But it's also not something we could have afforded to do at the start. Pathfinder's doing amazingly well, and it's that success that makes the discount something we can do in the first place. The discount is a way for us to thank the customers that have made Pathfinder the success that it is.

Soel

First Post
James Jacobs said:
One other note: We do watch the threads and reader responses; if an adventure doesn't work for you or it sucks, I only ask that you tell my why it sucks. Reader feedback's one of the best ways to make a product better, after all! :)

Biggest complaint - overlong side-treks that monopolize adventure space, taking away from the whole (see Pathfinder 2, 3 and 6.) Leave the side treks to the dm.

Btw, thanks for the extra discount! Very cool.

Maggan

Writer for CY_BORG, Forbidden Lands and Dragonbane
Rauol_Duke said:
So, anyone here who's on the fence about Pathfinder, how does this announcement influence your decision.

Anyone other Pathfinder subscribers planning on subscribing to another product line with the 15% discount?

How's the weather?

etc.

1. I just bought the last RotRL module. I will not be buying any more Pathfinder for 3.5. This offer seems interesting, and I wil take a look at Pathfinder again once/if it goes to 4e.
2. Not a subscriber, I support my FLGS.
3. It's the warmest winter in 100 years here in Sweden, and I hate it. Right now there's a drizzle outside.

/M

jujutsunerd

Explorer
Maggan said:
1. I just bought the last RotRL module. I will not be buying any more Pathfinder for 3.5. This offer seems interesting, and I wil take a look at Pathfinder again once/if it goes to 4e.
2. Not a subscriber, I support my FLGS.
3. It's the warmest winter in 100 years here in Sweden, and I hate it. Right now there's a drizzle outside.
/M

1. I'm continuing to subscribe to everything, but now I get some of it cheaper. :)
2. I already subscribe to everything.
3. It's the warmest winter in 100 years here in Sweden, and I LOVE it.) (Of course, I'll start hating it once the pollen season gets started way too early up here in the north. Can't have it all I guess. And if I did, I wouldn't have anywhere to keep it all anyway. :)

/Jonas

James Jacobs said:
Just thought I'd pipe in here about those last few Dungeon web enhancements. The problem at the start, alas, was that we ran into a bottleneck. The web enhancements were ready for layout, and we've managed to squeeze in a lot of them here and there, but the switch from doing 2 magazines to a full line of RPG adventures and supplements ended up being a lot more work than we'd anticipated. When it comes down to the simple fact that our art directors have enough time to produce for-sale products and free web enhancements for material that has reverted to the license holder... it's unfortunately a no-brainer choice. The web enhancements get put aside.
If it is primarily a layout/art direction, I think people would be pretty happy with just saving the Word doc with the basic content into a PDF and there ya go (you guys are Mac based if I recall, so I know for a fact that any PC there can dump the text into a PDF). :) I don't want to speak for everyone, but personally I think plain black text on a white page without graphics and such is better than not having them at all. As much as I love Paizo's art direction, it's the content that I really need.

Just throwing that out there...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads