Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder Adventure Paths

Crothian

First Post
The three that were written in Dungeon seem to take place in Greyhawk or something like it. I'm not sure if it officially says in them. The ones from the Pathfinder books take place in that world specifically.

IronWolf

blank
Another question: are there any APs that sort-of mimic any of the older campaign settings?

Most of the APs take place in Golarion which is frequently compared to Greyhawk of old, usually as a favorable comparison.

What features of an older style campaign setting are you hoping to have mimicked?

tylermalan

First Post
Well, looking at the world of Golarion, it seems like they intended to include a region for every campaign setting (or many). Ustalav has Ravenloft. There's a desert-like one for Dark Sun, but I forget its name. And so on. I guess I was wondering if any APs take place in one of those regions and introduce new rules to make it more like the campaign setting that it mimics, like Dark Sun in the desert region. And specifically, my group was really excited about Dark Sun when it was released for 4th edition, and were totally underwhelmed when we actually played it. So I'm interested in that setting, but also curiously interested if any other APs mimic any other campaign settings of old.

Volaran

First Post
There is more than one desert region, though I don't really think any of them mimic Dark Sun. They tend to be closer to Egypt in flavour (Osirian), or arabian nights style fantasy (Katapesh, Qadira and the Empire of Kelesh, etc).

If you liked Al-Qadim, you might like like the Legacy of Fire AP. Desert rules, genie wars, ancient legends, eishcraft, pocket dimensions, etc.

Ustalav certainly has a gothic horror flavour, but it isn't Ravenloft. No dread lords, no mists, etc. The Carrion Crown AP, which is set here, contains rules for Haunts, beyond what appears in the GMG and the Pathfinder reference docuement. There may be more in subseqent adventures, by my second adventure hasn't shipped yet.

Kingmaker has rules for building a country and cities, but I wouldn't really compare them to Birthright.

tylermalan

First Post
There is more than one desert region, though I don't really think any of them mimic Dark Sun. They tend to be closer to Egypt in flavour (Osirian), or arabian nights style fantasy (Katapesh, Qadira and the Empire of Kelesh, etc).

If you liked Al-Qadim, you might like like the Legacy of Fire AP. Desert rules, genie wars, ancient legends, eishcraft, pocket dimensions, etc.

Ustalav certainly has a gothic horror flavour, but it isn't Ravenloft. No dread lords, no mists, etc. The Carrion Crown AP, which is set here, contains rules for Haunts, beyond what appears in the GMG and the Pathfinder reference docuement. There may be more in subseqent adventures, by my second adventure hasn't shipped yet.

Kingmaker has rules for building a country and cities, but I wouldn't really compare them to Birthright.

Oh, I don't mean mimics the FLUFF of the other campaign settings. I mean more like mimic the mechanics with added rules or greater emphasis on certain rules. But, I guess, a little bit of the fluff is ok. For instance, Ravenloft is gothic horror; Ustalav is gothic horror. Dark Sun is desert; Osirion is desert.

Dannager

First Post
Well, looking at the world of Golarion, it seems like they intended to include a region for every campaign setting (or many).

Golarion is purposefully broad and all-encompassing so that they can tell just about any story they want to tell somewhere within their own campaign setting.

You won't find Dark Sun or Ravenloft in Golarion, but you will find places that you can run desert-themed adventures, or horror-themed adventures.

Remove ads