• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E [Pathfinder] airwalkrr's Rise of the Runelords Reborn! IC

airwalkrr

Adventurer

The Sheriff nods at Kelvyn's remarks. "It is strange. But we do not know the exact timing of this event. I would suspect it coincided with the goblin attack, but I cannot be certain on this evidence alone."

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Evret sighs with relief as the undead menace succumbs to the divine powers. He makes a note to leave a token offering at the Saranrae alter sometime soon. Following the others inside he takes in the scene while the wheels in his mind spin. He picks up the robe and checks it for pockets and for anything interesting. He relays the info about the footprints to the others. "Those prints there, the big ones, could be when the priest checked out the crypt. Or maybe something bigger than a goblin was here. It's muddled though and I'm no tracker. Is there anyone in town that owns hunting dogs? Maybe they can follow the scent on this robe."

OOC: Is the robe goblin sized or medium sized?
Evret Survival Check for Tracks (1d20+1=4)

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Dr. Jekyll is seen with a flask of some unknown concoction in one hand, its stopper hanging by a leather thong, and a crystal vial in another its stopper also hanging open. He was obviously in the middle of pouring one into the other when it was called out that all the danger was eliminated. He looks disappointed that he did not get to participate much here, but puts away everything to join in the search for clues.

question: Are there one set of prints coming out or one set going in and one going out?

kinem

Adventurer
Nuko says "Good thought, Evert. Remember, we know the goblins have a 'longshanks' leader. I bet he came here during the raid. He's been in town before, and knew just where to go, like he did with the tunnel. I don't know what he's up to but maybe he thinks he can sell a senior priest's body to a necromancer. Given that he needed the robe of bones, I guess that he himself is not able to animate the dead."

Scott DeWar

Nuko says " . . . . . I don't know what he's up to but maybe he thinks he can sell a senior priest's body to a necromancer. Given that he needed the robe of bones, I guess that he himself is not able to animate the dead."
Dr. Jekyll stops for several moments after hearing Nuko. "I had not thought of that. powerful good observation, there"

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

Kelvyn shifts his weight slightly and rests his hammer on a muscled shoulder as he looks around. He nods at Evret's comment and Nuko's observation, but says nothing for the moment.
[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]--[/sblock]

AC: 19 (T 14, FF 15), CMD: 19
Fort: +3, Reflex: +3, Will: +0

Initiative: +3, Perception: +0, Sense Motive: +0

Weapon in Hand: EarthBreaker

Abilities: Str 19, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 10

Condition: None
[/sblock]

airwalkrr

Adventurer
OOC: Is the robe goblin sized or medium sized?
Evret Survival Check for Tracks (1d20+1=4)
Evret notes the robe is Medium-sized, at least as it appears now. There are no pockets or items of note upon the robe. Upon investigating the tracks, Evret is unable to follow them any further than a few yards beyond the vault. A patch of grass confounds him.
question: Are there one set of prints coming out or one set going in and one going out?
Jekyll is able to note that the tracks do indeed seem to both enter and exit, all around the same time. (I rolled Jekyll's Survival check: 17). He also confirms that about six goblins and one Medium humanoid climbed the wall, then approached and entered the vault. They left by the same route.

"Your investigation has borne more fruit, cousins. I am pleased that progress is being made.

"Do tell me, you have already proved yourselves worthy in battle and investigation. I would be honored to call you allies, but would like to know more of your pasts. From where did you come, cousins. How did you come upon such grand talents?"

Scott DeWar

"I was a research science assistant for my Father, and I felt the need to look at the rest of the world to see where creatures come from. So I left home, leaving a message for my parents and wandered here. I see that there are, indeed, 6 goblins and one human sized creature going in, presumably stealing the remains and setting the trap, and then leaving. What is seen in t he grass?"

He searches in the grass for any helpful clues.

survival, aidanother [roll0]

kinem

Adventurer
Nuko says "Uh, thanks, Sheriff. I am from Rogan, a small town that was attacked by giants. I came here hoping to improve my magical skills and to try to find out what's going on with all these monsters these days."

He too tries to search for tracks.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads