• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Pathfinder APs] How hard to convert to 4e?

SurfMonkey01

First Post
I've been checking out the Kingmaker AP, and I think it looks awesome.... However, my group is picking up some new gamers, and 4e is easier for them than Pathfinder (no flamewars please, I'm not stating that as overall fact, just fact for my group)

So my question is, just how hard do you suppose they would be to convert? Am I asking for it here, or are they doable?

Coldwyn

First Post
I've been checking out the Kingmaker AP, and I think it looks awesome.... However, my group is picking up some new gamers, and 4e is easier for them than Pathfinder (no flamewars please, I'm not stating that as overall fact, just fact for my group)

So my question is, just how hard do you suppose they would be to convert? Am I asking for it here, or are they doable?

Doable, yes, but keep these in mind:

- Convert some of the Encounters and a bunch of travelling/exploting to Skill Chalanges
- Ignore the encounters. Take a clue concerning the type of enemies but use your EXP budget and build 4E style encounters with appropiate roles, minions, and so on.
- Keep Dailies in mind. Kingmaker moves at a slow pace, your players will have all availlable powers at most of the encounters.

Aegeri

First Post

I find its very easy to take the fluff of Pathfinder APs (I am converting Savage Tide at the moment) and just ignore the mechanical parts. Part of the best aspects of their APs are the fluff and other things, which is almost system universal IMO. You can easily just take that and then redesign the various encounters.

The encounters part is the hard one though, because you'll often have to rethink things such as making multiple rooms the same "encounter" in dungeons. I actually basically rewrite the combats from the ground up when I do a pathfinder module. What I do is I look at the combat maps and then I rewrite the combat bearing in mind the sorts of enemies from the original module. This is probably a bit more labor intensive, but produces better results than trying to made 1:1 conversions.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads