Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder Battles: Rise of the Runelords Minis

pming

Legend
Hiya.

You are not alone. However, as far as I'm concerned, it's totally moot. Unless I can get exactly what I need (re: no 'randomization'), I won't be buying *any* of them. In this arena, Paizo is getting exactly $0 dollars from me. If they want my money, they need to put out "Miniature Packages" for each module where you get all the mini's you need for that module. If they did that, then they'd have a pretty damn good chance of getting $150 or so from me...times 6 modules. But as it stands? No. $0 comming their way.

*sigh*

^_^

Paul L. Ming

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
They are very expensive.

However, I'm sure Paizo will follow the same credo that Dancey has followed: you don't worry if people complain about the price, you worry if they don't buy. :)

If enough people buy, the price is right. If not, the line will likely be more limited or die.

Erik Mona

Adventurer
Hiya.

You are not alone. However, as far as I'm concerned, it's totally moot. Unless I can get exactly what I need (re: no 'randomization'), I won't be buying *any* of them. In this arena, Paizo is getting exactly $0 dollars from me. If they want my money, they need to put out "Miniature Packages" for each module where you get all the mini's you need for that module. If they did that, then they'd have a pretty damn good chance of getting $150 or so from me...times 6 modules. But as it stands? No. $0 comming their way.

*sigh*

^_^

Paul L. Ming

Ok...

Why not just buy singles you think are cool, then?

pming

Legend
Hiya.

I could do that...but that's kinda not the point. The point is if Paizo is going to specifically contract a company to make miniatures for a specific purpose (re: Rise of the Runelords), I would think it would be a no brainer for them to put out a "module pack" that did all that work for me (the potential customer). If I'm going to have to go find and pick n' choose mini's for each module...I might as well just keep on not using miniatures for my games.

In all honesty, it's simply a matter of laziness, really. On my part, not theirs. I'm too lazy to try and individually find and buy the proper amount of goblins, goblin war dogs, sinspawn, etc. for a RPG. I've never really used mini's for my RPG's...and that's over 30 years of gaming. My mini-fix sits squarly on the table-top-battle and "paint them for my own pleasure" fronts. Pathfinder minis for RotRL? ...not a table-top-battle game, and already painted, so that kinda kills that carrot.

Anyway, I hope Paizo has great success with it...and then lets everyone else in on the fun later (re: making 'singles' a LOT more cheaply available...$3 for a single plastic, pre-painted goblin?...o_O...ouch! Knock that down to $1.25 and I'm there! )

^_^

Paul L. Ming

Erik Mona

Adventurer
Ok, I get where you are coming from. The practicalities about why what you propose is not feasible have been gone over at length elsewhere, so I won't repeat them here. I do see how the set is an easier investment (in terms of money and time/hassle) for someone who is already committed to using miniatures in his game.

We have created something somewhat like you suggest in the Rise of the Runelords Pawn Collection, which when combined with the Bestiary Box give you nearly all the cardboard pawns you would need to run the whole Adventure Path.

And since you don't use miniatures, you don't have to worry about the pawns not matching your minis!

Erik Mona

Adventurer
I'm pretty sure you can find the goblin minis we've already done as singles for under $2.00 online, even if not directly on paizo.com.

pming

Legend
Hiya.

I quite like the idea of the "pawns" thing; good, high-quality cardboard 'minis' is right up my ally. As I said, for real miniatures, I buy them to paint them...so spending $3 on a pre-painted plastic isn't something I'd do, but spending $30 on a high-quality 35mm metal mini is no problem. I use mini's for painting, not gaming.

I'm still trying to find some clear-glass "drop-beads" (basically, a drop of clear glass with about a 1" diameter, and flat bottom). The theory I have is to print out top-down or 'faces only' style pictures at about a 1" diameter. Use some clear-drying adhesive to glue the picture onto the flat bottom of the bead, so you can see it looking 'through' the bead. Perhaps give the whole thing a light matte clear-coat to cut down on glare. Using those would be nice....durable and with a certain amount of weight to them so they don't get accidentally moved when someone closes their book too fast and it blows your 22 goblins off the table and into the cat's water dish. ;)

Thanks for the heads up on the whole Pathfinder: RotRL Pawn thing! I'm *definitly* going to look into that. :)

^_^

Paul L. Ming

I'm pretty sure you can find the goblin minis we've already done as singles for under $2.00 online, even if not directly on paizo.com.
And, TBH, Paizo goblins are just a) the best imagining of gobbos in any RPG by far and b) the best of their minis. My mini budge is almost zero ATM but I am going to pick up some goblin singlies. Just love 'em.

Combined with this We Be Goblins Module (free as PDF) what could go wrong!?!

Miniature Market has the set available for preorder... and it's expensive.

To get a CASE plus the RUNE GIANT will cost you US$360, not including shipping. Boosters are 4 minis (1 Large + 3 Small/Medium). A Case is $330 (32 boosters, or 128 figures).

In addition, there's also the Huge Case (6 boosters, 1 mini each) for $102.

There are 64 minis in the set. I expect you'll get a full set from the regular Case + huge Case... so $468 for the set (not including shipping).

Boosters, Bricks and Cases are likely to be significantly more expensive at your FLGS.

Am I alone in thinking that it's going to be incredibly expensive to collect?

Cheers!

Yeah as someone who has a couple of thousand pre-painted DDM's that does strike me as very expensive. I was thinking of getting a case of these. Now I'm probably on the unlikely side of the fence.

Olaf the Stout

Remove ads